1st line support
|Job Title:||1st line support|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£130 - £155 per day|
|Contact Name:||Cameron De Souza|
|Job Published:||August 18, 2017 15:14|
1st Line Support / First Line Support
One of our public sector clients are looking for a first line support person to join their team in Milton Keynes.
The 1st Line Analyst role will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and administrating the Service Desk mailbox, phones and monitoring screens.
- Logging and recording all Interactions, Incidents and Service Request tickets ensuring they are accurately raised, correctly categorised and prioritised and that business expectations are well managed through effective communication.
- Providing First Contact Resolution (FCR) within a predetermined timeframe (where possible) utilising Knowledge Base Articles (KBA) and subject matter expertise.
- Actively monitor and manage all resolver group queue stacks ensuring that the SLA clocks do not expire, tickets are continually updated with progress and/or are appropriately escalated (functional escalation) between resolver groups.
- Performing end to end ticket management through the review and quality assessment of all 'resolved' tickets and performing ticket closure activities.
- Managing the expectations of the end user throughout the lifecycle of the Incident or Service Request ensuring that continuity is maintained across all shifts through appropriate communication and handover.
- Seeking clarification and approval from the Incident Manager before prioritising an Incident ticket to P1 or P2 and resultantly declaring a Major Incident.
- Supporting the Incident Manager during the Major Incident process fulfilling any process role assigned to them (i.e. maintaining the ticket history / Incident timeline).
- Liaising with the Problem Manager to help gather written or verbal updates, workarounds or permanent fixes to in flight Problem records.
- Assisting (under supervision) with the on-boarding of new services/products into Service Desk support by liaising closely with the project development team to ensure that support requirements are documented, achieved and accepted prior to service take-on.
- Contributing documentation on known issues / errors, workarounds and permanent fixes to the central knowledgebase used by the 1st Line roles across the Service Desk.
An understanding of priority classifications and SLAs is desirable, but not essential for the role, as on the job training will be provided.
This role reports to the Service Desk Manager and actively supports and directly contributes to the delivery of organisational objectives and their dissemination, in support of the successful delivery of the Technology Group business plan.
- The jobholder will need DV security clearance (this can be applied for once in the role).
- The jobholder will need to be flexible, adaptable and willing to work where needed to meet Customer demands and thereby gain a broader skill set and wider business perspective.
- Previous experience of working within the Service Desk, Incident and Request Fulfillment process disciplines.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good personal planning and organisational skills (attention to detail).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications plus an understanding of general networking technologies.
- An understanding of Central Government and OGD systems and HM Government security regulations.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate, preferably ITIL V3.
- SQL database knowledge
- Knowledge of IT Service Management toolsets i.e. HP OVSD and HP Service Manager (SM9).
Please only apply if you have the essential experience
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
1st Line Support
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Up to £10.82 per hour
2nd Line Support
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Up to £15.35 per hour
IT Support Technician
Alloway, South Ayrshire
£119.0 - £119.02 per day
Desktop Support / Rollout Engineer - Ayrshire - 2 Months
Ayr, South Ayrshire
Up to £107.70 per day
eLearning Support Officer - Edinburgh - 6 months - Inside IR35
Up to £150 per day