Accounts Assistant- Luxury Travel
|Job Title:||Accounts Assistant- Luxury Travel|
|Salary:||£25000 - £28000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Emma Passos|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2018 15:33|
An opportunity to work within the luxury travel sector, with benefits that reflect it!
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be joining the Finance team. You will play a key role, having responsibility for various financial accounting and management accounting areas to ensure that the company financial records are kept accurately.
- Responsible for checking banks daily, logging all transfers received and reconciling accounts to SAGE at least twice a month.
- Ensure all supplier invoices received are authorised and loaded onto SAGE.
- Assist the Finance Manager with supplier reconciliations.
- Responsible for ensuring debtors pay their balances by the due dates.
- Take payments from clients over the telephone when required.
- Make outbound calls/email clients to chase late balances.
- Ensure exchange rates on our website are updated daily.
- Update several daily sales reports (using Excel).
- Always look for ways to improve our internal reporting and ensure accuracy of reports at all times.
- Responsible for processing daily entries to ensure the credit card clearing accounts are nil.
- Ensure expenses are authorised and entered onto SAGE and reconcile to statement monthly.
- Process staff expense forms and ensure they are authorised before payment.
YOU, YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You should have relevant experience in accounts payable, bank reconciliations and credit control.
- You should be comfortable in a financial environment with knowledge of standard accounting practices and terminology.
- You need to be a quick learner and have excellent attention to detail.
- You will need to be a confident communicator, both written and verbally as you will be dealing with staff and clients from different backgrounds and nationalities.
- You should be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- You will need to be organised and pro-active in taking new tasks on.
- You should be flexible and happy to "muck-in" with various tasks assigned to you.
- You should have strong Excel skills with some knowledge of pivot tables, VLOOKUPs and SUMIFs.
- Experience in SAGE would be advantageous.
- A relevant degree or finance experience would be advantageous.
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's