Accounts Payable Manager - Finance - Edinburgh - 3 months
|Job Title:||Accounts Payable Manager - Finance - Edinburgh - 3 months|
|Salary:||£14.96 - £18.61 per hour + dependent on level of experience|
|Contact Name:||Craig Ross|
|Job Published:||March 02, 2018 09:16|
Accounts Payable Manager - Edinburgh - 3 months
Experienced Accounts Payable Manager required in Edinburgh for an initial 3 months contract. The successful candidate will work with other members of the finance team to deliver efficient and effective transaction services and be responsible for overseeing the processing of the main financial transactions and ensuring targets and deadlines are met.
Candidates who can evidence the following requirements/skills/experience in their CVs should apply.
- Maintaining a record of users of the Finance & Procurement Systems
- Review and authorise payments (BACS and Cheques) and other journals
- Collate and monitor payment performance data
- Act as line manager for Finance Assistants and train, coach, mentor and develop staff
- Review, evaluate and challenge financial information, monitor deadlines and work with key contacts to improve processes
- Monitor multiple mailboxes and handle incoming email, telephone and face-to-face queries
- Manage the month end process and work with other units/sections to ensure that all necessary adjustments are processed before finance system closedown
- Conduct and review monthly accounts payable reconciliations ensuring that any discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure finance guidance documents are accurate, up to date and are in line with best practice
- Carry out continuous review of systems and ways of working to ensure the Financial Accounting Services team operate efficiently and deliver best practice
- Assist with the preparation of the year end Annual Report and Accounts
PLEASE NOTE - This rate does fall within the IR35 legislation
All applicants must hold a current Basic Disclosure Certificate dated within the last 12 months.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's