Application Engineer - Contract - Staffordshire
|Job Title:||Application Engineer - Contract - Staffordshire|
|Salary:||Up to £0.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Paul White|
|Job Published:||April 18, 2019 18:31|
Application Engineer - Contract- Staffordshire
We here at Parity have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Application Engineer to join our client in Staffordshire, this post is also available on a permanent basis. You will be working on the development of a control platform to enable the participation in National Grid Ancillary Services such as Demand Side Response, Firm Frequency Response, Enhanced Frequency Response, Short Term Operating Reserve, Power Reserve, etc. We need an Engineer who will drive and contribute to the development of the Software and Hardware for these applications by being the bridge linking our customers to our development engineer.
- A good electrical engineering background in the transmission and distribution, and knowledge of control systems is essential.
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience of:
- The use of battery storage as an embedded system in the power distribution network, and their use for the ancillary services of National Grid such as: Firm Frequency Response and Enhanced Frequency Response
- Understand the use of various ancillary services in the energy balancing and capacity markets
- Understand how to provide and implement Demand Side Response for industrial and commercial sites
- Current driving license
- Willingness and ability to attend at customer sites both individually (especially) and as part of a team (on occasions)
- Willingness and ability to undertake out of hours work on a rota basis
We look forward to hearing from you.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's