Architectural Technician / Technologist - 6 months - Livingston
|Job Title:||Architectural Technician / Technologist - 6 months - Livingston|
|Location:||Livingston, West Lothian|
|Salary:||£19 - £21 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Emily Cotterill|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2018 17:49|
Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist - 6 months - Livingston
Our Livingston based client has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Architectural Technician to join their existing team on an initial 6 month contract. You will undertake and/or assist with the development, design and administration of construction projects and planned improvements works.
- To undertake site and building investigation and surveys, including dimensional surveys and asset management surveys.
- To prepare or assist in the preparation of Feasibility Studies and reports on property and construction projects.
- To assist with the preliminary and detailed design of all architectural aspects of new buildings, refurbishments, alterations, planned improvements etc
- To prepare construction details, production information and building specifications (NBS and Outline Specifications) for projects as required.
- To assist in the administration of planned improvement and minor works contracts and monitoring of contract / project expenditure, including site inspection duties.
- To participate in design teams for major construction projects.
- To provide technical advice and liaise with other colleagues on construction matters relevant to ongoing projects.
- Progress planned improvements and minor works programme from initial stage to completion within timescales identified.
- Progress capital and client revenue projects including feasibility, sketch design and design stages.
- Produce information including drawings and specifications and building legislation compliance.
- Liaise with property users and contractors.
- Provide support for detailed inspections of building/fabric i.e. alleged building defects or complaints concerning the condition of property.
- Prepare detailed layout plans for existing properties.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- HNC in Architectural Technology or equivalent.
- Experience of using AutoCAD
- Technical knowledge of construction techniques
- Knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of building regulations
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
- Knowledge of building contracts
- Knowledge of planning legislation
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's