Assistant Data Integration Engineer
|Job Title:||Assistant Data Integration Engineer|
|Location:||City of Westminster, London|
|Salary:||Up to £360.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Kishia Odiaka|
|Job Published:||June 12, 2019 10:40|
My client are currently seeking an assistant Data Integration Engineer to provide 3rd line support and maintenance for the data integration solutions and related interfaces which support services for Parliament. As part of this, to liaise with application owners, business users and software suppliers throughout the lifecycle of these services.
- Receives requests for support from service desk, other service delivery staff and/or users. Prioritises these in accordance with agreed criteria and the needs of the organisation.
- Monitor integration system, by using provided administration application, to identify data transfer issues and perform some root cause analysis to determine the correct cause of action - for example, coordinating changes in source data before resubmitting the data - referring to more senior colleagues where necessary.
- Assist support colleagues in investigating issues with data supplied, via the data integration platform, to end user systems, including investigating the data values held within the source of that data; for example, checking the data supplied by the HR system when the job title within Outlook is reported to be wrong.
- Investigates and provides correct responses to requests for support by means of, for example: making system modifications, developing work-arounds enhancements, manipulating data, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests to systems development staff or software suppliers.
- Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures; and ensures that documentation is available and accessible to all who need to use it.
- Monitors progress of requests for support and ensures users and other interested parties are kept informed. Takes corrective action to avoid or minimise delays; and manages customer expectations.
- Ensures that requests are handled according to agreed procedures. For all requests that cannot be resolved, provides an effective interface between users and service providers supplying all necessary diagnostic information. Uses judgement to set priority for resolution, monitor progress and apply escalation procedures for problems not progressing satisfactorily.
- Provides advice and guidance to colleagues to assist them in understanding the concepts, principles, working and limitations of the various data integration solutions within Parliament, including presenting complex technical information to the required technical level.
Skills and Knowledge required:
- Good knowledge of SQL querying and scripting.
- Knowledge of XML/web services
- Experience of working in an ICT support role
- Experience of investigating, managing and resolving incidents and requests
- Proven experience in communicating with internal and external customers
- Proven ability to learn and apply technical information to meet business needs
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to developing and learning IT skills and systems
- Ability to analyse existing technical solutions and understand the concepts and principles so that enhancements can be suggested
- Uses agreed tools, templates and standards to create complex, well designed and engineered solutions with specified requirements
- Understanding of ERP systems
- Knowledge of C# programming language
If this sounds like the right role for you, then wait no longer and apply with your CV or get in touch with Kishia for immediate consideration on 02081711731
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's