Azure Hosting Engineer
|Job Title:||Azure Hosting Engineer|
|Salary:||£546 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cameron De Souza|
|Job Published:||October 03, 2017 14:10|
Azure Hosting Engineer
6 months contract
Inside IR35 - public sector
2 x London
1 x Sheffield
We are seeking experienced Azure Specialists to be embedded within the Cloud Operations Hosting and Storage Team based primarily in London and Sheffield. As the Department's trusted IT delivery partner, our key role, is to manage and monitor the Azure infrastructure and its storage capacity.
The role includes:
- Commission, configure, test, implement manage and maintain Azure virtual components
- Design, implementation and ongoing support of virtual Data Centre operations
- Act as technical project contact for major initiatives, changes and product deployments
- Demonstrate advanced analytical skills to identify issue root cause and to maintain maximum uptime and service availability
- Address front-line customer service calls from customers.
- Write clear, concise and complete specifications.
- Participate in testing new program enhancements.
- Participate in estimating, planning design, application development, quality assurance, prototyping, implementation, modification and evaluation of automated systems.
- Recommend solutions to enhance system functionality.
Review specifications and analyse software releases for compliance to specifications
- Experienced Azure Engineer
- Varied IT background with knowledge of multi data centre enterprise environments with branch office deployments, virtualisation, Cloud, SaaS/IaaS/PaaS
- Linux experience
- Windows Server environments
- LAN and WAN networking including VPN
- Express Route
- Infrastructure security patterns, techniques and technologies
- Windows desktop environments
- Office 365
- Active Directory
- Capacity management
- Stakeholder Management
- Ability to work within a team yet be able to self-manage and prioritise own workload;
- Knowledge of Firewall configurations (red and green Zones)
- Powershell Scripting
- Experience of Cloud Based monitoring:
- Power BI
- ITIL v3 foundation
Please only apply if you have the experience needed
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's