|Job Title:||Business Analyst|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Salary:||£550 - £580 per day + Expenses|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte O'loughlin|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2018 14:03|
Oracle Retail Business Analyst
Contract. Dublin. £550-£580 P/D + Expenses. 12 Months. Retail
Oracle Retail Business Analyst required for a Global Retailer. The Business Analyst (Retail) will be accountable for ensuring that the business processes (As Is and To Be) are understood agreed and full documented by all relevant stakeholders. You will support the Business community to understand how the Oracle system supports existing, modified and new processes. You will also have a role in assisting in the preparation of Testing and the execution of Business Acceptance Testing.
- Works closely with the programme Functional Solution Architect and interacts with other BA's within the programme and wider organisation.
- Has a dotted reporting line into the Business Systems Manager for the specific functional area.
- Plays an active part in the programme including programme meetings, progress updates, risk and issue reviews etc.
- Works with the business functional area to ensure that functional and non-functional requirements are captured concisely and documented, which may include providing advice on industry best practice.
- Challenges the Business to focus on the outcome of the process rather than the how it is does, to support minimal modifications to software, unless there are efficiencies in the change
- Assists the Business teams to understand how the Oracle Retail Reference Model (ORRM) applies to their functional area.
- Responsible for ensuring, pre-Design, that all "as-is" processes are captured and stored electronically using Visio.
- Takes an active role in Design workshops appropriate to function.
- Ensures that specific "to-be" business processes are fully agreed, fit for and documented (as formal Visio process maps) to the standard of the Oracle Retail Reference Model (ORRM).
- Works with the other functional BAs within the programme and legacy system BAs to ensure that we have robust "End to End" business processes.
- Is the guardian of the business process maps and ensures that any change is to them is closely controlled.
- Assists the business function to interpret how Oracle system will support their business processes.
- Supports data cleansing and enrichment activities in readiness for data conversion and cutover.
- Supports the resolution of functional and cross-functional issues (including Key Decision Documents - KDDs) working with the Solution Architect.
- Works with the Business and the Functional Change Manager to understand the impact/implication of, and solution to any business process change proposed.
- Will assist in the preparation of testing materials and in particular assisting the business to create robust business scenarios for both technical and business acceptance testing.
- Support the execution of Business Acceptance Testing
- Support the Training process as appropriate.
- Support the assessment of Business readiness for go-live and the cutover process.
- Assist in problem diagnosis and where appropriate resolution.
Skills and experience
- Has been through at least one major Oracle Retail implementation, in a lead BA role, with a minimum footprint of RMS and SIM
- Is fully conversant with the Oracle Retail Reference Model (ORRM).
- Has worked with recent versions of Oracle Retail (preferably v13).
- Demonstrable experience of working as a BA in one or more retail/fashion businesses
- Excellent understanding of how the business processes within functional area works, a good understanding of how those processes interact with other functions and must have process mapping skills (Visio).
- The ability to manage relationships between a variety of stakeholder groups, notably Business functions, the Business Analyst community and the programme/wider architect community.
- The ability to articulate clearly the Oracle system and technical terminology in a language that is clear to and understandable to business users.
- The ability to map business processes and use process mapping tools to record agreed business processes.
- proficiency in Visio or equivalent tool.
- Has a demonstrable understanding of the Retail function covering:Store Inventory Management including Receiving, Transfer, Recalls and Store Ordering.In-store stock management of back/front of Store, including Stock Counts. Reporting requirements to support Store Inventory Management.
For more information please apply now
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's