Business Analyst (Oracle Retail)
|Job Title:||Business Analyst (Oracle Retail)|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Salary:||Up to £0.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Henry Lello|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2018 15:10|
Oracle Retail Business Analyst
Purpose of Role
The Business Analyst (Retail) will be accountable for ensuring that the business processes (As Is and To Be) are understood agreed and full documented by all relevant stakeholders.
The Business Analyst supports the Business community to understand how the Oracle system supports existing, modified and new processes.
The Business Analyst also has a role in assisting in the preparation of Testing and the execution of Business Acceptance Testing.
- Works closely with the programme Functional Solution Architect and interacts with other BA's within the programme and wider organisation.
- Has a dotted reporting line into the Business Systems Manager for the specific functional area.
- Plays an active part in the programme including programme meetings, progress updates, risk and issue reviews etc.
- Works with the business functional area to ensure that functional and non-functional requirements are captured concisely and documented, which may include providing advice on industry best practice.
- Challenges the Business to focus on the outcome of the process rather than the how it is does, to support minimal modifications to software, unless there are efficiencies in the change
- Assists the Business teams to understand how the Oracle Retail Reference Model (ORRM) applies to their functional area.
- Responsible for ensuring, pre-Design, that all "as-is" processes are captured and stored electronically using Visio.
- Takes an active role in Design workshops appropriate to function.
- Ensures that cient specific "to-be" business processes are fully agreed, fit for purpose and documented (as formal Visio process maps) to the standard of the Oracle Retail Reference Model (ORRM).
- Works with the other functional BAs within the programme and legacy system BAs to ensure that we have robust "End to End" business processes.
- Is the guardian of the business process maps and ensures that any change is to them is closely controlled.
- Assists the business function to interpret how Oracle system will support their business processes.
- Supports data cleansing and enrichment activities in readiness for data conversion and cutover.
- Supports the resolution of functional and cross-functional issues (including Key Decision Documents - KDDs) working with the Solution Architect.
- Works with the Business and the Functional Change Manager to understand the impact/implication of, and solution to any business process change proposed.
- Will assist in the preparation of testing materials and in particular assisting the business to create robust business scenarios for both technical and business acceptance testing.
- Support the execution of Business Acceptance Testing
- Support the Training process as appropriate.
- Support the assessment of Business readiness for go-live and the cutover process.
- Assist in problem diagnosis and where appropriate resolution.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The ideal Candidate will preferably be experienced in:
- Has been through at least one major Oracle Retail implementation, in a lead BA role, with a minimum footprint of RMS and SIM
- Is fully conversant with the Oracle Retail Reference Model (ORRM).
- Has worked with recent versions of Oracle Retail (preferably v13).
- Demonstrable experience of working as a BA in one or more retail/fashion businesses
- Excellent understanding of how the business processes within functional area works, a good understanding of how those processes interact with other functions and must have process mapping skills (Visio).
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate:
- The gravitas to engage at senior levels on functional processes and best practice
- The ability to manage relationships between a variety of stakeholder groups, notably Business functions, the Business Analyst community and the programme/wider architect community.
- The ability to strongly probe the rationale of individuals and influence such that decisions are taken that are of benefit to the client as a whole even if they are unpopular or controversial.
- A drive to resolve issues and ensure that decisions are taken in a timely fashion.
- The ability to produce quality deliverables and achieve agreed milestones.
- The ability to articulate clearly the Oracle system and technical terminology in a language that is clear to and understandable to business users.
- The ability to map business processes and use process mapping tools to record agreed business processes.
- Is proficiency in Visio or equivalent tool.
Has a demonstrable understanding of the Retail function covering:
- Store Inventory Management including Receiving, Transfer, Recalls and Store Ordering.
- In-store stock management of back/front of Store, including Stock Counts.
- Reporting requirements to support Store Inventory Management.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Coventry, West Midlands
£400 - £450 per day
Business Analyst (BI/Data Warehousing)
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Up to £0.00 per annum
Test Analyst - Edinburgh - 5 months
£350 - £450 per day
Service Desk Analyst - Edinburgh - Permanent
£0.00 - £29000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Service Desk Analyst - Edinburgh - Inside IR35
£110 - £120 per day