Business Analyst - Retail
|Job Title:||Business Analyst - Retail|
|Salary:||£400 - £450 per day + Expenses|
|Contact Name:||Sophie Snelson|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2018 16:13|
Business Analyst -Retail - 6 Month Contract
Business Analyst - Reading with travel to Dublin
As a Business Analyst you will be responsible for understanding business processes and applications, analysing the business needs of internal clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose, test and implement process and application solutions.
Experience working within the fashion or FMCG retail industry is required
As a Business Analyst your key responsibilities will be;
- Developing a strong understanding of the organisations existing system and application landscape as a building block for future solutions.
- Working with an internal and external teams to help shape the landscape and solutions that will allow the business to achieve its strategic goals.
- Using interviews, workshops, documentation reviews, business analysis and business process evaluations, gather business and technical requirements.
- Work with and challenge business units on their assumptions to help deliver solutions for their current and future needs.
- Manage as a BA the processes and documentations from initiation through to sign off, adhering to all PMO requirements and processes.
- Work with information gathered from multiple sources, be able to evaluate true business requirement from user request, ensure that proposed solution is reconciled with all business inputs, and resolve business conflicts as required.
- Be able to draw requirements together into Functional Requirements Documents using existing templates, making use of plain English, diagrams, process flows and scenarios so that the resulting document will be meaningful to the intended users.
- Be able to work with 3rd parties to agree integration requirements and translate these into a working set of integrations with associated control and reconciliation procedures.
- Have the ability to work in a team collaborating on different aspects of a large program with multiple projects within, ensuring that the objectives of all components are aligned and that delivered solution will works as an end to end process.
- Be able to work on their own initiative without the need to be micro managed, following the project timelines and delivering status reports, feeding into the overall program.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives in parallel
Experience and knowledge required to be a successful candidate includes;
- Have strong analytical skills to interpret customer needs and translate into application and operational requirements.
- Possess the ability to work alongside other Business Analysts and senior management at all levels within ICT, the business, external tax advisors, auditors and external service providers / business partners.
- Demonstrate strong Business Analyst skills, ability to plan and prioritise its own work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Have strong communications skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate at all levels within ICT, the business and external service providers / business partners.
- Experience delivering solutions with 3rd parties
- Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements for ePOS and other Retail integrations and data transformation in a complex environment.
- Some experience in testing solutions across multiple systems
- Show flexibility in working location; travel within Europe maybe required, but the role may also require occasional travel farther afield
- Ability to work flexible hours to support the business and the ICT Team
Business Analyst - Retail Systems - 6 Month Contract
Business Analyst - Reading with travel
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Business Analyst - 3 months - Edinburgh
£350 - £450 per day
Business World Consultant
Up to £0.00 per day + market rates
Programme Director - Digital and Business Change / Borders
Galashiels, Scottish Borders
£500 - £700 per day
Proxy Product Owner - 6 Months - Edinburgh
£400 - £500 per day
£350 - £380 per day