Business Continuity Specialist
|Job Title:||Business Continuity Specialist|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£280 - £320 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cameron De Souza|
|Job Published:||August 03, 2017 14:55|
Business Continuity Specialist - SC clearance Needed
4 months contract
£280-£320 Per day
- Compliance and KPI monitoring: identifying any gaps, trends, highlighting areas of weakness within Business Continuity (BC) planning arrangements and make suggestions for improvement.
- Encourage positive stakeholder management at all levels by working with key players to ensure targets are met, this will include developing contingency arrangements and individual check-lists
- Positive contribution to ensure maintain ISO certification.
- Support the Head of BC with any supplier compliance checks.
- Review non compliance and address any non conformities.
- Provide professional effective advice and guidance in relation to all aspects of the BC life-cycle to all of those responsible for BC arrangements.
- Provide advice and guidance to the BC trainee support advisory role". This will encompass line management responsibilities.
- Take a lead role in relation to the implementation of the BC tool,
- Improve BC planning arrangements, this will involve the development / delivery of all BC training.
- Advisory role across all directorates, also support silver and gold members during any disruptive incident.
- The role holder will be responsible for reviewing all BC management documentation, to include guidance / templates, Business Impact Analysis (BIA) BC plans, BC Policy BC Strategy, and all other related documentation as directed by the Head of BC.
- Ad-hoc tasks to support BC Management
- To ensure a robust, resilient Business Continuity Management System is in place it is essential that all documentation is fully maintained, reviewed and enhanced in line
- Monitor / review all actions that result from any audit and exercise activity.
- Develop and deliver Silver/Gold Exercises.
- Work closely with key stakeholders, external bodies and other government departments
- Track record with knowledge and experience of achieving alignment and or certification to BS 25999 and or ISO 22301 standards.
- An experienced BC practitioner, a "Member" grade of the Business Continuity Institute with hands on experience of Business Continuity and contingency planning solutions methodologies in a large organisation with a track record of:-
- Developing and implementing a robust resilient Business Continuity Management System
- Experience of all aspects of the Business Impact Analysis process
- Must have experience of undertaking Business Continuity audits
- Experience of analysing complex management information and key performance information data, this pre-requisite will involve compliance management reporting, compiling, complex data and clarifying various options to a wide and varied audience.
- Writing, delivering strategic reports and explaining complex issues.
- Experience of developing and delivery of Business Continuity exercises, writing exercise reports, with the ability to enable learning from lessons learnt in both live and planned incidents.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative and influencing skills with a practical and pragmatic approach to Business Continuity.
- Developing and delivering BC Training events
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- Ability to work autonomously, to tight deadlines and make appropriate decisions under pressure and with gravitas to challenge more senior colleagues
- Excellent knowledge and use of MS Office Suite (Especially Word, Excel, Power-point.
Please only apply if you hold current and up to date SC clearance
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Coventry, West Midlands
£400 - £450 per day
Business Change Lead - AWS Cloud - IR35
City of London, London
£600 - £700 per day
Office 365/ Skype SME - O365, Skype - Contract - London - IR35
£550 - £650 per day
SQL DBA - Edinburgh - Perm
Up to £0.00 per annum
Eastbourne, East Sussex
£42000 - £50000 per annum + Additional Benefits