Business Support Manager
|Job Title:||Business Support Manager|
|Salary:||Up to £0.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Reece Belcher|
|Job Published:||April 10, 2019 17:44|
Business Support Manager - Newport - Public Sector - £14 per hour
Public sector client seeking business support manager for 6 month initial contract in Newport. The purpose of the Business Support Team is to facilitate the smooth running of the day-to-day business of the Directorate, dealing with operational matters (organisation, administration, HR and Finance), supplier engagement and management of the office, providing effective and efficient administrative support to the Head of Directorate, the Leadership Team and staff.
Your duties shall include administrative support which includes but is not limited to proactively managing inbox and calendar for the Leadership Team, meeting arrangements including awaydays, events and internal / external meetings / conferences, collation, printing and presentation of meeting papers, minute taking, raising requisitions, stationery point, arranging travel (including overseas), accommodation, car hire and expenses claims.
Manage interaction with a range of stakeholders, ensuring channels are handled in a professional manner. Act as the point of contact for Directorate-wide queries, ensuring all queries and requests are dealt with efficiently.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a proven record of establishing, building and maintaining relationships across functional and organisational boundaries.
- Delivery of outcomes
- Proven ability to focus on delivery of outcomes, proactive, work under pressure, respond quickly and decisively to changing circumstances and to tight deadlines.
- Organising and Prioritising
- Proven ability to organise workload, to prioritise, and manage rapidly changing demands and priorities but essentially to model positive behaviours that reflect the corporate values and culture.
- Planning and attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to be organised with well-developed planning skills, attention to detail and ability to co-ordinate several activities in the same time frame, quickly analyse and resolve specific problems. Experience of managing a complex diary is essential.
- Service Oriented
- Must be flexible and able to work with colleagues to provide the necessary service to support business delivery (i.e 9- 5pm)
- Business Planning
- An awareness of DST's transformation agenda, UK Statistics Authority Business Plan and the government's digital and technology transformation agenda
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's