|Job Title:||Civil Engineer|
|Location:||Lochgilphead, Argyll & Bute|
|Salary:||Up to £0.00 per annum + depending on experience|
|Contact Name:||Emer Meehan|
|Job Published:||January 04, 2018 10:18|
Civil Engineer - 6-9 months - Argyll
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer for a 6-9 months contract based in Argyll.
You will be required to work with an existing team supporting the delivery of a road programme, ensuring work is delivered on time and in accordance with approved designs, specifications and inline with current legislation and best practice. You will also be responsible for costing and monitoring performance of financial resources in line with projects.
Essential skills -
- The individual will be a qualified civil engineer (IEng or similar)
- Experience of site management/supervision in road construction (preferably water-bound rural roads).
- Awareness of quarrying/borrow-pit operations.
- Sound working knowledge of health & safety and environmental regulations and best practice associated with construction projects in remote environments.
- A relevant CSCS card (or equivalent).
- Good IT skills including the use of MS Office.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience of working in remote environments, including lone-working.
- Self-motivated and capable of prioritising their own time and travel to meet priorities.
Desirable skills -
- Quarry Passport
- Experience of NEC3 contracts
- Experience of project management software
- Awareness of procurement rules associated with public bodies
Candidates will be expected to hold a Basic Disclosure Scotland or be happy to undergo this clearance.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please send me your CV for consideration.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's