Cloud DevOps Engineer
|Job Title:||Cloud DevOps Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £800.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Kishia Odiaka|
|Job Published:||July 04, 2019 09:42|
My client a Financial services regulation is constantly changing, impacting the way in which they regulate. Business and Technology Solutions (BTS) supports them in managing the impact of such changes on the organisation, its processes and people. BTS continually scrutinises the way they work and drives change to ensure they continue to deliver their objectives in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible.
This Cloud DevOps Engineer role sits within the Infrastructure & Operations Product Group and reports to the organisations Cloud DevOps lead. They are seeking experienced Cloud DevOps Engineers that are Security Cleared (or capable of undergoing vetting process) to join the team that can help build, develop and operate our AWS Cloud platform. The team strives to deliver excellent operational support, undertake cloud design/build and improvement capability while working in collaboration with various other project, internal and external support teams.
- Operational and maintenance based activities of the Cloud platform such that it remains within compliance of its design and security principles. This includes incident, problem, change and configuration management activity in line with Service Level Agreements
- Delivering creative, well organised, readable and tested code within the constraints of a continuous integration and delivery environments. Delivering well defined, reusable infrastructure code for pipeline orchestration and automation and scripting to build dynamic cloud infrastructure components. Providing as part of the build, operational documentation (playbooks, runbooks).
- Supporting the design and development of automated support that validates code and reduce the potential for defects. Contributing to functional and non-functional service testing for cloud infrastructure services.
- Supporting the introduction of new cloud infrastructure services into the organisation adhering to expected governance controls and service qualities
- Support agile processes (e.g. user story estimation, backlog refinement, etc.)
- Perform Continual Service Improvement (CSI) activities ensuring the Cloud Platform is optimised effectively and delivering value for money.
- Liaison and collaboration with project teams and other Product Groups / support teams as required
Essential & Desireable Skills:
- Highly experienced in the management of enterprise cloud environments which are managed as secured and as a governed service
- 3+ years proven enterprise production AWS experience.
- 3+ years proven RedHat Enterprise Linux experience, or RHCE certified RHEL7
- 3+ years Open Source tooling experience
- 1+ years' experience in automation of infrastructure provisioning and management (Chef)
- Good scripting knowledge and experience in Bash/Perl/Ruby/Python/JSON
- Internet & networking technology understanding
- Resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years and willing to be vetted to achieve UK HMG Security Clearance
- Understanding of cloud standards within large enterprises and how it integrates into other organisational processes
- Evidence of process knowledge: DevOps, Agile delivery, Kanban, Service Transition & Service Operations using toolsets ServiceNow, Jira etc
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery / DevOps methodology environments
- 3 + years recognised skills utilising tools such as Splunk, Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Chef, DataDog etc.
- Infrastructure security experience and with proven toolset knowledge using Qualys, Suricata, Satellite, RedHat IDM
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment and can demonstrate proven problem solving with a strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment
- Confident, pro-active individual with a 'can do' attitude
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with developers and product owners to discuss and resolve issues.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, grasp technical issues and assess the business impact
- Ability to provide expert advice to senior business and stakeholders on project and technical issues
- Amazon Web Services Certified Solution Architect & other AWS accreditations
- Experience in migrating legacy production 'on premise' systems into Amazon Web Services platform
- Experience with Agile software development practices / Product Groups
- Experience working using Scrum Methodology
- Proven experience of implementing cloud networking best practices in relation; DirectConnect, VPN Gateways, NACLs, IDS/IPS, VPC design
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you then wait no longer and apply IMMEDIATELY with your CV or call Kishia Odiaka for instant consideration on 02081711731.
PLEASE NOT THIS ROLE IS INSIDE OF IR35.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's