Cloud Infrastructure SME (Automation)
|Job Title:||Cloud Infrastructure SME (Automation)|
|Salary:||£0.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte O'loughlin|
|Job Published:||August 24, 2017 10:06|
Cloud Infrastructure SME (Automation)
Perm. Merseyside. Global FMCG. Competitive with Bonus and Healthcare and Pension
Cloud Infrastructure SME (Automation) required to join a Global FMCG company in Merseyside.
This role forms part of the Consumer Performance Platform, building a technology platform that will create a holistic view of our consumer, covering an increasing number of consumer data sources globally. Additionally, the platform will contain all our Digital Assets, Recipes and Product Information. The main accountability of this role is to Subject matter expert the infrastructure and automation capability that forms part of the Consumer Performance programme.
- Implementing automated solutions, writing automation code, test automation scripts and delivering business logic to deliver the high-volume, low-latency applications for key marketing systems, delivering high-availability and performance as part of a growing and evolving DevOps team.
- Deep understanding and oversight of all Infrastructure as code solutions delivering a repeatable secure capability when required to support demand.
- Oversight of infrastructure to meet demand, service levels and maintaining associated costs ensuring automation is key to all deployments.
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Ensure designs and architecture deliver against specifications.
- Key support and contribution to the end-to-end ownership of the platforms.
- Aligning to DevOps principles and end-to-end ownership, all members of the Consumer Performance team may be involved in resolving incidents / technical issues outside of normal working hours, while this is rare all members of the team may be required to be available as part of resolution and be on an On Call Rota.
- Contribute to evolving toolsets, simplification of software development lifecycle and drive towards efficient automation.
- Participation in project scoping, requirements reviews, and technical discovery efforts.
- Applying effective software engineering principles, object design, security, data interchange and data management to all parts of software lifecycle.
- Deep dive into the software stack to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations
- Performance tuning, monitoring, maintaining fault tolerant/HA infrastructure to deliver highly scalable services
- Security Detailed understanding and oversight of all automation and infrastructure security, implementing improvements as needed.
- Architecture Support continuous improvement by investigating alternative approaches and technologies and presenting these for architectural review. Collaborate and contribute to Architectural design decisions.
- Proven experience leading and mentoring successful engineering teams
- Experience of delivering and managing Cloud Based Infrastructure. (Including Infrastructure as Code)
- Strong Linux/Amazon/CentOS/ Ubuntu system administration skills (patching, configuration, etc.)
- Cloud Technologies (Amazon AWS) MS Azure
- Automation (Chef, Cloud Formation, Puppet)
- Experience of full software development lifecycle experience using Agile / DevOps concepts.
- Practical experience with continuous integration tooling such as Jenkins and the use of build automation and dependency management tools: Apache Maven (preferred), Apache Ant/Ivy or Gradle
- A commitment to delivering releases on schedule.
- Dedication to a collaborative working style and the ability to work well in small teams, both onshore and offshore.
- Experience with building zero-downtime deployment solutions in cloud environments
- Thrive on solving problems
- Experience of Test Driven development.
- Linux (Windows experience also considered)
- Management and integration to Database & Big Data technology (Hadoop, SQL Server, ORM, JPA2, Hibernate)
- Cloud Technologies (Amazon AWS) / MS Azure
- Utilising Netflix Simian Army Concepts
- Monitoring Solutions (Zabbix, Cloudwatch)
- Testing (Junit, Selenium, SonarQube)
- Issue, Change and Requirements Management (Jira)
- Source Code Management (BitBucket , GitHub)
- Scripting experience (Shell, Bash) - CodeDeploy, CodePipeline
For more information please apply now.
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
SharePoint Infrastructure Architect (2013)
£450 - £650 per day
Infrastructure Engineer (Server/Storage)
£400 - £500 per day
Office 365/ Skype SME - O365, Skype - Contract - London - IR35
£550 - £650 per day
Business Change Lead - AWS Cloud - IR35
City of London, London
£600 - £700 per day