Communications and Engagement Officer
|Job Title:||Communications and Engagement Officer|
|Salary:||£27 - £30 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Michael Hartley|
|Job Published:||November 26, 2018 13:04|
Marketing and Engagement Officer
Contract. London. 2 Months rolling (long term) £30 P.h via umbrella
Marketing and Engagement Officer required in Central London. You will lead in the development, implementation and evaluation of a range of communications projects, including events, campaigns and consultations on high profile issues. You will commission, write, edit, proof read, coordinate complex internal, external publications, leaflets and advice documents; write press releases, articles and other materials. You will lead in anticipating, responding to media enquiries, briefing journalists. You will provide reputation management advice and media advice/training to senior managers, decision making bodies.
- Manage events, including the annual members conference, to a professional standard and within budget; establishing agendas, inviting speakers; producing and managing invitations; working with workstreams to develop agendas and produce programmes; finalising presentations (Powerpoint or other format, and to include rehearsing with speakers); manning at events where required; issuing relevant communications before and after events.
- Take the lead on handling media enquiries and issues when the Director of Marketing and Engagement is unavailable; to include advising senior management on appropriate responses.
- Website: maintaining and editing content in conjunction with workstream editors; refreshing the website; supporting the communications around migration of registered users.
- CRM/databases: working with the Lead Web Developer and the Director of Marketing & Engagement on scoping and implementing a CRM solution; maintaining the current stakeholder database.Using appropriate software to create reports; maintain content of and manage use of CRM and other information systems.
- Social media: increasing the regularity of and improving the content of our social media channels; to include developing a social media policy with the Director of Marketing & Engagement and train staff in productive social media usage.
- Managing FOI enquiries in the absence of the Director of Marketing & Engagement.
- Take the lead on internal communications, including managing the digital production of internal newsletter, including content, layout, distribution; considering ways to continually develop its usefulness and effectiveness in getting messages through to all staff.
- Organisational and Reporting Processes
Skills and expeirence required
- Knowledge of communications, public relations, journalism and marketing communications techniques, approaches, procedures, health service communications, organisation, project management, external political environment: equivalent.
- Programme and project management skills/experience
- Working with, creating and interpreting relevant software programmes; significant experience of CRM systems; content management systems; Photoshop or similar digital design programmes
- Developing and handling surveys; analysing results; producing and presenting results
- Good flexible writing skills; excellent grammar
- Ability to analyse, simplify and re-present complex information from a range of sources
For more information please apply now.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's