Communications Officer - PR / media relations - 6 months
|Job Title:||Communications Officer - PR / media relations - 6 months|
|Salary:||£135 - £150 per day|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Lewis|
|Job Published:||July 25, 2017 17:24|
Communications Officer with good PR / media relations experience required for initial 5 month contract with public sector organisation in Glasgow. You will be expected to travel to Edinburgh at least once per week.
Duties will include:
- Manage media handling protocols, developing and agreeing appropriate media enquiry responses for complex issues and support staff in responding to media enquiries, ensuring they are supported with appropriate briefing material and are able to communicate key messages effectively while maintaining due regard for confidentiality as per the Media Policy.
- Within defined protocols, devise, develop and issue high quality, complex, targeted communication outputs for stakeholders including the media, and the general public, staff, and others.
- Write, edit, proof-read and co-ordinate sensitive, high profile press releases, publications, public advice and staff communications ensuring that all communications meet equality and diversity guidelines.
- Assist with the production, promotion and co-ordination of publications, supporting teams in anticipating, preparing for and handling potential interest from media and other stakeholders, and, where appropriate ,liaise with external communications teams.
- Support existing business and marketing strategies and deliver the production and dissemination of advertising and marketing materials.
- Provide training and advice to staff on the communication processes on best practice relating to communications and other communication related topics. As appropriate, coach senior staff on media issues, often during difficult situations.
- Demonstrable experience in the field of media communications including experience of dealing with significant media issues.
- Proven record of achievement within a communications function.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to summarise complex issues in a concise and easily understandable fashion.
- Highly developed influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to manage the public profile of an organisation and advise persuasively on the handling of issues and incidents that affect the reputation of the organisation.
Candidates must be available to interview on 12/13 October and be available to start with no more than 2 weeks notice.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's