|Job Title:||Data Curator|
|Location:||Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||Up to £350 per day|
|Contact Name:||Henry Lello|
|Job Published:||October 02, 2018 17:12|
Data Curator (Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire)
The data curator will streamline the process of sourcing, organising, and accelerating operational data for analysis and reporting in pharmaceutical development.
You will be responsible for the management of operational data through its life cycle and will play a key role in eliminating operational data silos and increasing data reuse across the enterprise.
You will have up-to-date knowledge about critical operational datasets, their provenance, and what data curation is needed. They will also understand the different types of analysis and reporting that needs to be performed on specific datasets, as well as the expectations in terms of latency and availability set by diverse business users.
- Develop a deep understanding of how operational data is used by the business to support business process and decision making.
- Design and manage the critical datasets that drive key decisions within PD
- Actively collaborate with stakeholders from across the business to understand problems, key opportunities and design solutions.
- Define and manage the process for the specification and acquisition of operational data from multiple systems and repositories, using specified standards in order to make data findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable (FAIR).
- Maintain an accurate and up to date inventory of data assets maintaining appropriate governance and standards
- Understand the context underlying each data type targeted for curation, in order to ensure that the data quality is fit for purpose.
- Discover and implement new ways to continuously improve our data infrastructure and reporting capabilities.
Technical Qualifications, Experiences & Competencies
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analytics or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Good knowledge of English in a business environment and good communication skills - both written and oral.
- Knowledge of the UNIX operating system and experience in a scripting language (e.g. bash, R, perl or python).
- Knowledge of CDISC data standards.
- Knowledge of ICH-GCP and working in regulated environments.
- Knowledge of basic biological principles and the pharmaceutical development process (including clinical trials, patient level datasets and study documentation).
- Understanding of major internal and external trends and challenges, within a particular therapeutic area, also at a product/compound level, and across diverse areas of the business.
- Project Management skills.
- Systematic, structured, and pragmatic approach to tasks, with good attention to detail.
- Able to deal positively with multiple requests and priorities.
- Works to identify solutions that address current and future needs and different stakeholders needs.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities around decision-making, negotiation, motivation (self and others) and influencing.
- Deals positively with ambiguity and finds appropriate solutions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Up to £0.00 per annum
Data Analyst - Permanent - Edinburgh
£30000 - £40000 per annum + plus great benefits
Senior DevOps Engineer - Glasgow - 12 months
£400 - £600 per day
SQL BI Developer - SSIS, SSRS, Power BI
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Consultant - 2 months - Southampton
£500 - £700 per day