Data Protection Officer
|Job Title:||Data Protection Officer|
|Location:||Wolverhampton, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£300 - £375 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte O'loughlin|
|Job Published:||October 19, 2017 15:16|
Data Protection Officer - FOI + DPA/GDPR
Wolverhampton. 6 Months+. £300-£330 Per day. Public Sector
Data Protection Officer required for a initial 6 month contract. You will act as the designated Data Protection Officer ensuring compliance with Data Protection legislation and providing assurance when reviewing and addressing information enquiries, data breaches and complaints. You will ensure compliance with the Freedom of Information, Data Protection act and deal with complaints and requests regarding highly sensitive and Personal Information and advise the client on how best to comply. You will help to implement a information governance framework and guide the client and staff through best processes to ensure all sensitive data is correctly managed.
Skills and Experience required
- Relevant degree and or equivalent level of qualification in Data Protection and or Information Governance. E.g ISEB, BCS - expertise in national and European data protection laws and practices including an in-depth understanding of the GDPR / Data Protection Legislation
- Experience of informing and advising a large organisation of its duties, in relation to Information Governance, information technologies and data security
- Previous experience of working with technical teams and advising on DPA issues
- ability to promote a data protection culture within the organisation
- Experience of working independently and with a high level integrity and professional ethics
- Proven experience of providing expert advice to members of the public, senior stakeholders and elected members.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant areas of appropriate legislation
- Evidence of significant achievements and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well and knowledgeably with a wide range of people e.g. colleagues at all levels within the organisation and partner organisations, elected members and residents and to negotiate with information providers the timely sharing of information to inform decision making and to build and maintain effective and productive working relationships that meet legislative requirements.
For more information please apply now.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's