|Job Title:||Data Scientist|
|Salary:||Up to £19.88 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Kishia Odiaka|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2019 16:10|
My client are the largest producer of official statistics in the UK. They are also the only government department with the production of statistics as its main role. They are independent of ministers and instead report through the UK Statistics Authority to Parliament and the devolved administrations of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The role involves engaging with stakeholders to establish detailed method specifications; coding those methods on the new corporate infrastructure in Psyspark; and engaging with quality assurance and testing teams to ensure that the methods are implemented appripriaty. It extends to the integration of these and other methods into an appropriately orchestrated data processing system capable of manipulating large volumes of Census data within extremly tight timescales and quality performance indicators.
The successful Data Scientist would be responsible for:
- Reviewing and evaluating existing processing modules and methods in conjunction with internal/external experts and stakeholders
- Producing initial design documents and specifications for individual methods and for the overall 2021 Census data processing system, considering the wider statistical implications of the overall Census processing aims and objectives.
- Implementing agreed specifications incuding coding in PySpark and utilising other modern orchestration tools on the new Data Access Platform
- Ensuring methods and processcess are appropriately tested and managing versions of code with Git.
- Report on the progress of prototype systems to customers, clearly articulating the impact of various data processing steps on the outputs.
- Engage with agile project management principles to managing projects and tasks on a day-to-day basis.
Relevant qaulifications skills and experience:
- Communicating between the technical and the non-technical. Able to effectively translate and accurately communicate across technical and non-technical stakeholders as well as facilitating discussions within a multidisciplinary team, with potentially difficult dynamics. Able to advocate for the team externally and can manage differing perspectives.
Programming and build (data engineering)Uses agreed standards and tools to design, code, test, correct and document moderate to complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations. Collaborates with others to review specifications where appropriate.
TestingAble to review requirements, specifications and define test conditions. Able to identify issues and risks associated with work whilst being able to analyse and report test activities and results.
Applied maths, statistics, and scientific practices.Understands and can help teams apply a range of practices. Develops deeper expertise on a narrower range of specialisms. Starts to apply emerging theory to practical situations.
If this sounds like the right role for you, then wait no longer and get in touch ASAP, apply with your CV or give Kishia Odiaka a call for an immediate consideration on 02081711731
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's