Desktop & VoIP Support Officer
|Job Title:||Desktop & VoIP Support Officer|
|Salary:||£0.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cameron De Souza|
|Job Published:||July 04, 2017 13:45|
Desktop and VoIP Support Officer - VoiP
6 Months contract - Warwickshire
One our out clients are looking for someone to provide technical support and generate support documentation for tVoIP unified communications solution. Resolve issues across client operating systems (Windows, Mac and iOS), the network (Cisco) and the telcoms system configuration (Mitel).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acknowledge incidents and service requests channelled through the IT Services Service Desk and ensure all open calls are tracked and regularly updated within agreed timescales.
- Analyse/Triage and investigate incidents assigned to the VoIP service, and resolve or assign to other IT teams for further investigation.
- Generate documentation relevant to the support and administration of the VoIP system. This will include: helpdesk scripts; procedures to resolve common user issues; procedures to implement routine configuration requests; FAQs for system users.
- Communicate with users of the VoIP system to investigate incidents and to ensure they make best use of the available system features. Employ multiple communication channels including software tools, voice and video calls, deskside visits and user guides.
- Identify the most common user issues and generate documentation to define how IT staff should identify and resolve these issues.
- Escalate incidents to the third party supporting the VoIP system and track the progress of these incidents in the supplier's online system.
- Use the VoIP system administration tools to implement routine additions and changes to the system.
- Identify the most common user requests and generate documentation to define how IT staff should implement these configuration requests on the VoIP system.
- Demonstrate how to implement VoIP system configuration requests to IT colleagues, following documented procedures.
- Use system monitoring tools including MPA and SolarWinds Orion to investigate incidents and to produce routine system capacity reports.
- Other duties commensurate with the scope and grading of the role.
Essential Experience Needed
- Experience of supporting users of IT systems
- Experience of producing technical documentation and instructions suitable for end users and IT technical staff.
- Knowledge of Ethernet data networks, IP addresses, DNS and DHCP. Jitter and latency.
- Knowledge of the Windows 7 operating system to Power user and Administrator level. Familiarity with Active Directory.
- Experience of administering multi-user IT systems such as email, VoIP, anti-virus.
- Knowledge of non-Windows operating systems. (Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, etc)
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- The ability to prioritise and plan workload and work with minimal supervision.
- A systematic approach to fault finding
- Self-motivation, the ability to work under pressure and to work effectively as part of a team.
If you feel you have the experience required please apply
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
IT Project Support Officer / PMO 12 mths, Edinburgh, £150-210pd
£150 - £210 per day
IT Support Analyst - 3 Months - Edinburgh
£100 - £120 per day
Network Security Architect
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€650 - €700 per day
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
£400 - £450 per day
Business Analyst - CRM, Data
Coventry, West Midlands
£400 - £450 per day