|Job Title:||Devops Engineer|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jason Coad|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2018 11:26|
Devops Engineer / Linux Systems Engineer - South Manchester
Would you like a role where you can build on your already solid Linux and/or Windows Systems engineering skills and move into a more Devops focused role? Want the chance to work in a dedicated Devops team within a larger ops team (60-70) for one of Manchester's leading financial services companies? If it's a yes to the questions above and you would like to work in brand new offices with an onsite gym, at a company who have room to almost double in size then this is the one for you!
The role is for a Systems Engineer to join a small but growing DevOps team. The type of person they are looking for could come from either a Linux (ideally) or Windows System Engineering background, and will have a strong interest in Devops and Automation using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef. This role has excellent long term prospects and will give you the chance to grow your Devops experience with the company as they move towards their long term goal of having a mature DevOps function.The current DevOps team has already started on this journey towards true Continuous Integration and has the full; backing of the business stakeholders.
- Support of Release Processes
- Working with the Development teams towards Implementation of automated test, build and release processes
- Active participation and input into Sprint meetings
- Delivery of DevOps Improvement initiatives
- Mentoring and coaching of existing DevOps team members
- Establishing Configuration Management tools and processes
- Strong background in Linux Server administration including troubleshooting, ideally with knowledge of Windows.
- Database Knowledge - Basic SQL Queries etc.
- Knowledge of VMware or AWS
- Experience working within a Change and Release framework
- Experience with automated build and deploy, or automated testing
- Exposure to some of the following: Github / TFS / Atlassian / Puppet / Ansible / Chef / Jenkins
- Experience of creating Automation via Shell/BASH scripting or PowerShell etc.
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Lead DevOps Engineer - Edinburgh - Perm
£90000 - £110000 per annum + flexible + benefits
Director of DevOps Transformation - Permanent - Edinburgh
Up to £120000 per annum + negotiable plus benefits
Senior DevOps / SRE / Agile Consultant - Glasgow / Edinburgh
£60000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits
Lead DevOps / AWS / Automation - Glasgow - 12 months
Up to £0.00 per annum
Principle Software Engineer
£41971 - £47286 per annum