Economist - Water/Regulatory
|Job Title:||Economist - Water/Regulatory|
|Salary:||£30000 - £80000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Henry Lello|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2018 11:34|
Our client, a well respected consultancy. is looking to recruit Economists / Regulatory Advisors with a proven track-record of delivery excellence for utilities, utility regulation or water sector companies. Positions are available at varying levels of seniority and salary/package.
You will be a natural leader, with excellent communication, relationship building and influencing skills.
You will have an excellent academic record, with a degree in economics (or other relevant discipline). A second-degree or MBA would be a strong advantage. These skills will be underpinned with exceptional insight and analytical capabilities in a number of the following areas:
- A thorough understanding of utilities, in particular, the water and wastewater value-chains and the policy/regulatory requirements that our clients must meet
- Detailed expertise in UK/Europe utilities regulation and how this is applied to the water and wastewater sectors
- Practical experience of latest price control approaches with their emphasis on customer engagement, innovation, outcomes or outputs, incentives and risk/reward measures
- Comparative cost modelling and the experience of applying existing statistical techniques to totex costs in water and wastewater
- Clear insight into the different success factors along the water and wastewater value chains, and the challenges of introducing business change
- Policy development and economic modelling, developing impact assessments and business cases that deal with the risks and uncertainties that companies face
- How to achieve and sustain excellence in regulatory and compliance reporting; and
- Strong project management skills, demonstrating the capacity to lead substantial multi-disciplinary and/or economic projects
Based in their new head office in London, you should expect to travel and work on client sites and you should have the unconditional right to work globally.
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's