Employment Growth Officer
|Job Title:||Employment Growth Officer|
|Location:||Wolverhampton, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£16.00 - £20.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Cameron De Souza|
|Job Published:||September 25, 2017 14:04|
Employment Growth Officer
3 Months Contract
£16.00-£20.00 Per Hour ( This Role is INSIDE IR35 )
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To deliver an effective service that aims to increase the numbers of jobs available within the Borough's private sector. Achieved by;
- Understanding business needs, applying your knowledge in support of the development of identified key growth sectors
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of advice, support and interventions, that remove barriers, helping to sustain and create employment growth
- Carrying out actions in support of supply chain development
- Supporting the development of Foreign Direct, Inward Investment
- Working with officers / partners and agencies to
Actively identifying possible local purchasing, training, and employment opportunities, progressing or passing onto appropriate officers.
- To act as the business specialist with the agreed sector / field, providing specialist advice and support as required.
2.To implement an effective Sector Growth Service, that;
- Engages with Customers
- Delivers agrees actions
- Understands the sectors needs
- Designs & Delivers the required solutions
- Develops the supply chain opportunities
Delivers services in support of attracting & delivering real Inward Investment
- Provide relevant technical input and support into the development, design and execution of all appropriate programmes, strategies and documents, including: The Local Economic Assessment (LEA).
- To establish and draft detailed plans, which set out for delegated employment sectors the;
- To be core member of a team supporting the development of employment growth within the private sector, to identify, develop, plan and implement specific actions and initiatives to;
- Support the active development of all Supply Chain opportunities
- Support and respond to all Inward investment requests/opportunities
- Access or develop accessible business spaces
- Support the skills growth required in support of local business needs
- Support the use of available land and development areas
- Facilitate access to business development support, capital and interventions
- To take responsibility for the delivery of specific and identified elements of the Marketing Birmingham's ERDF Inward Investment Programme, achieving the outcomes and outputs as set in your individual work plans.
- To provide accurate briefings for senior management/colleagues on specific companies and their requirements, to shape the development of productive relationships and solutions
- Establish and develop business sector and emerging supply chain cluster groups, with the aims of supporting sector and supply chain sustainability and growth.
- Work to establish/support a Business Ambassador programme, in support of the above.
- Through the engagement with active partners and the delivers of business support locally, regionally or nationally; to seek out, develop, plan and implement initiatives and targeted assistance in support of local Business and Intermediaries
- Establish, develop, and maintain contacts with the business community/business agencies to facilitate the exchange of business support and the development of strategies and initiatives, particularly those leading to sustainable/increased employment opportunities.
- Attend meetings of local and regional economic development organisations / committees and community organisations to represent the Service and to give and receive information and advice in supporting new developments. Report back on proceedings and undertake any agreed specific work arising from such participation.
- To seek out and maximise the opportunities for local businesses to apply for and receive funding and or small grants. This includes; local, national and European funding.
- To develop and implement a 'Rapid Solutions' based culture which meets the needs of customers.
- Undertake other related tasks as may be determined from time to time by the line manager or senior managers
- To act as the face with local businesses and key organisations as required, taking on board their needs and requirements and seeking solutions by/from others throughout the council and its partners, as and when required.
- To provide the specialist expertise and guidance, which enable the council to understand the ingredients required to meet our employers needs, working with others to achieve results.
- To possess the communication skills and perception abilities required to form and uphold productive relationships with private sector employers at senior and operational levels.
Please only apply if you have the essential experience needed
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's