|Job Title:||Executive Assistant|
|Salary:||£19 - £23 per hour + depending on experience|
|Contact Name:||Emer Meehan|
|Job Published:||May 15, 2018 17:32|
Executive Assistant - Edinburgh - 3 months +
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant for an initial 3 months contract with our public sector client based in Edinburgh.
Please note this position falls inside scope of IR35.
Duties will include but are not limited to -
- Assist in providing a proactive, comprehensive and confidential executive support service at various levels throughout the organisation
- Full secretariat support including -
- Prepare agendas, collate and circulate papers
- Prepare an accurate minute of the meeting
- Provide the chair and members advice on matters of governance and including compliance with the groups terms of reference
- Manage the action log for each meeting, disseminating actions to non-members and escalate non-compliance with timescales to the chair and/or Head of Secretariat
- Liaising with the chair of each governance groups in relation to the forward planning of agendas, arrangements for the meetings including frequency and membership
- Assisting in the management and completion of:
- Ministerial correspondence and briefings
- Parliamentary questions
- Supporting other board, EMT and audit committee members as appropriate
- Ensure that Ministerial Correspondence is given priority and responded within deadlines.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Corporate Governance files.
- Arrange Travel and Accommodation
Essential skills -
- Experience of supporting senior directors.
- Experience of acting as secretary to governance groups
- Experienced minute taker
- A working knowledge of corporate governance systems and processes.
- To be effective in your use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Flexible with the ability to prioritise and manage a range of tasks
Desirable skills -
- Awareness of governance best practice and how non-ministerial departments contribute to providing good public services.
- Ensuring value for money when purchasing good
Candidate will be expected to hold a Basic Disclosure Scotland issued in the last 12 months or be happy to undergo this clearance.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.