|Job Title:||Executive Assistant|
|Salary:||£19 - £23 per hour + depending on experience|
|Contact Name:||Emer Meehan|
|Job Published:||May 15, 2018 17:32|
Executive Assistant - Edinburgh - 3 months +
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant for an initial 3 months contract with our public sector client based in Edinburgh.
Please note this position falls inside scope of IR35.
Duties will include but are not limited to -
- Assist in providing a proactive, comprehensive and confidential executive support service at various levels throughout the organisation
- Full secretariat support including -
- Prepare agendas, collate and circulate papers
- Prepare an accurate minute of the meeting
- Provide the chair and members advice on matters of governance and including compliance with the groups terms of reference
- Manage the action log for each meeting, disseminating actions to non-members and escalate non-compliance with timescales to the chair and/or Head of Secretariat
- Liaising with the chair of each governance groups in relation to the forward planning of agendas, arrangements for the meetings including frequency and membership
- Assisting in the management and completion of:
- Ministerial correspondence and briefings
- Parliamentary questions
- Supporting other board, EMT and audit committee members as appropriate
- Ensure that Ministerial Correspondence is given priority and responded within deadlines.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Corporate Governance files.
- Arrange Travel and Accommodation
Essential skills -
- Experience of supporting senior directors.
- Experience of acting as secretary to governance groups
- Experienced minute taker
- A working knowledge of corporate governance systems and processes.
- To be effective in your use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Flexible with the ability to prioritise and manage a range of tasks
Desirable skills -
- Awareness of governance best practice and how non-ministerial departments contribute to providing good public services.
- Ensuring value for money when purchasing good
Candidate will be expected to hold a Basic Disclosure Scotland issued in the last 12 months or be happy to undergo this clearance.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's