Feed Officer - 6 months - Aberdeen
|Job Title:||Feed Officer - 6 months - Aberdeen|
|Salary:||Up to £0.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Barbara Tomaszewska|
|Job Published:||March 06, 2019 15:10|
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Feed Officer with our public-sector client for a 6 months contract based in Aberdeen. Job may be home-based but attendance in the office in Aberdeen will be required as necessary.
- Act as an operational Feed Officer for the organisation, taking the lead in carrying our inspection and approval duties at high risk feed businesses.
- Provide enforcement advice to feed businesses
- Provide recommendations for formal action to the Lead Feed Officer where these are required
- Support the Lead Feed Officer in development of shared e-learning training modules for feed officers.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the client's Feed Manual as required.
- Take the lead for management of incoming feed export activities.
- Work with other Regulatory Strategy project managers across organisation to ensure a collaborative and joint up approach to the Regulatory Strategy workstream as a whole.
- Provide support to the Lead Feed Officer in providing updates to Local Authorities and associated professional bodies at seminars, events and committees on your project area as required.
- Provide support to ensure that communication to the Board, Scottish Ministers and key officials within other government departments is timely and effective
- Providing general support within the team as required in relation to the Feed Law
- Participate in Emergency Exercises as required
- Provide support to the investigation of Feed Incidents
- A qualified Trading Standards Officer or Feed Safety Officer with an appropriate qualification recognised by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute with at least one year post qualification experience which ideally includes work in the area of feed law enforcement
- Understanding and experience of feed official control systems
- Understanding of conducting formal enforcement action in the event of non-compliance in this business sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills used to build good professional relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of leading a team that delivers projects/or significant pieces of work
- The ability to be flexible and responsive to change to deliver improvements
Please supply your CV for consideration
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's