Finance Assistant - Glagsow - 6 months
|Job Title:||Finance Assistant - Glagsow - 6 months|
|Salary:||£150 - £200 per day|
|Contact Name:||Craig Ross|
|Job Published:||November 23, 2018 16:08|
Finance Assistant - Glasgow - 6 months
Experienced Finance Assistant required for an initial 6 months based in central Glasgow. Your finance experience and skills will allow you to navigate audit and accounting requirements in relation to a high profile programme of work, and develop these in practice. You will be confident in generating, identifying, interrogating and assessing appropriate financial data to support decision making assuring appropriate accountability and value for public funds. You will have direct experience that is evidenced in your CV that includes, but not limited to -
- Financial transactions - ordering, payments, journals, receipts.
- Budgeting - liaising with budget holders, preparing budgets, profiling.
- Monthly financial reporting - explaining variances, forecasting.
- Annual financial reporting - preparing year end schedules and analysis.
- Finance systems - set up of suppliers, chart of accounts maintenance.
- Providing financial advice to business areas
- Extensive use of financial systems for processing payment, enquiries etc.
- Handling client calls in relation to payments in a warm and friendly manner, building trust with dignity and respect.
- Supporting the finance team, short term to deliver financial systems and processes for the new Social Security Agency, longer term working to refine the processes as the agency matures.
- Participate in testing the systems and processes established, as required
- Working flexibly across the team as the new agency is established, taking on a range of other work as required to ensure that priorities are met.
This role falls INSIDE IR35.
Applicants must have a current Basic Disclosure Scotland issued within the last 12 months.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's