Head Of Development
|Job Title:||Head Of Development|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Beattie|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2018 17:27|
Head of Development - Permanent - Aberdeen - £35-45,000 per annum
Our client is looking to have a Head of Development to join their organisation.
- Manage a development office database. Record all subsequent fundraising activity on this database and ensure accurate collation and input of data.
- Create, implement and be directly involved in a strategic plan to provide significant additional revenue via major gift fundraising for bursaries and capital projects, in line with the development plan.
- Identify, approach and cultivate long term relationships with potential major donors in order to secure major gifts.
- Develop and sustain a long-term legacy programme.
- Establish effective working relationships with the Senior Leadership Team, and any development board which may be established for the purpose of fundraising.
- Keep abreast of and advise the Head on charity law, legislation and best practice in fundraising
The ideal candidate will have significant experience of major gift fundraising.
- Education to degree level
- The ideal candidate will have significant experience of major gift fundraising
- Relevant IT skills and previous experience in setting up and managing a relational database
- Proven track record of personally securing major charitable gifts (five and six figure sums)
- A strategic thinker with initiative, drive and proven leadership skills
- Personal qualities of resilience, tenacity and outstanding professional integrity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Comprehensive knowledge of British charity law and tax law as it applies to charitable giving
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's