Human Resources Advisor
|Job Title:||Human Resources Advisor|
|Salary:||£20 - £27 per day|
|Contact Name:||Jessica Roberts|
|Job Published:||July 11, 2017 17:35|
HR Business Partner / Advisor, with good all-round general experience, required for initial contract to end of March with public sector organisation in Edinburgh.
Duties will include:
- To provide professional advice to managers and staff on a wide range of highly complex human resource management issues including the interpretation and application of policy, procedure, conditions of service, training and development, health and safety and payroll issues, in line with best practice.
- To provide advice and support regarding a comprehensive range of operational staff management issues, coordinating and leading investigations concerning, for example bullying and harassment, capability, appeals, discipline and grievance, in order to ensure that issues which put the organisation at risk are dealt with competently at a senior, experienced level. This can include conflict resolution, mediation, conciliation and providing evidence at formal hearings etc.
- To research, develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures, to ensure best practice in HR, Staff Development and Training, and Health and Safety.
- To lead and implement projects including the preparation of reports and recommendations in relation to organisational initiatives, working autonomously in specialist fields such as i.e. Fair for All, Workforce Planning, company Modernisation Programme etc.
- To advise on the implementation of organisational change and organisational development initiatives in order to promote understanding at all levels, facilitate local problem solving and achieve consistent, positive change across the organisation.
- To ensure effective use of absence management procedures including occupational health in order to achieve a healthy workforce and assist in the management of individual staff capability including redeployment issues.
- Experienced in dealing with and managing the challenges of organisational change
- Operational support dealing with day to day staff issues, giving advice and guidance to line managers, representing HR at senior mgt. meetings/partnership work
- Experience in dealing with Equality & Diversity matter would be helpful
- Experience in reviewing and updating of policies would be helpful
- Demonstrable experience in a busy generalist HR role
- Experience of staff training and development
- Good organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative to deadlines
- Good skills in researching and writing procedures and reports
- Good working knowledge of employment law and contract law and evidence of its application within a work context
- Evidence of commitment to continuous professional development.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.