Infrastructure Engineering Lead
|Job Title:||Infrastructure Engineering Lead|
|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear|
|Salary:||£400 - £500 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte O'loughlin|
|Job Published:||July 27, 2018 16:07|
Infrastructure Engineering Lead
Contract. 6 Months +. Newcastle OR Manchester OR Blackpool. £400-£500 P.D
Infrastructure Engineer required urgently. You will Support strategy to increase digital capability and Utilise personal network to attract talented individuals to the organisation. You will work with counterparts internally to build cross-community ways of working - Define service outcomes offered and what excellence looks like, Assure delivery of digital services and provide direction and coaching and Deploy people and services to ensure capability and solutions offered by the service practice align with customer need.
- Recruiting infrastructure engineers across the recruitment campaigns across the various disciplines, including: cyber security, data centre operations, data platforms, hosting, network, end user computing, tooling and call centre.
- Support establishment of the Infrastructure Engineering community, focusing on:
- Developing the practice community and ways of working
- Developing career pathways.
- Providing direction and coaching
- Implementing new processes and tools supporting demand management, resource allocation, practice communications, learning and recruitment.
- Developing a service catalogue with target service levels.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of recruiting and attracting high quality digital engineers
- Demonstrable experience of forming and leading infrastructure engineering teams in a digital environment to build, support, manage and maintain infrastructure solutions and infrastructure facilities.
- Significant experience of managing the delivery of large-scale digital solutions in both Agile and Waterfall environments to time, budget and quality.
- Experience of major incident management and escalation within a live service environment.
- Extensive experience of leading and continuously improving large Infrastructure Engineering teams within a complex, multi-disciplinary environment
- Collegiate in approach and able to build a vision and momentum for change.
- Familiar with professional services business models and associated business processes
- Able to demonstrate experience of challenging organisational processes to reduce complexity and optimise delivery flows
- Good practical working knowledge of a broad range of technologies used over the last 20 years.
- Able to communicate effectively with and understand infrastructure engineering practitioners.
- Able to build credible relationships at senior levels within a complex organisation
- Experience of working in waterfall environments and understanding of constraints and requirements when working with or interfacing with legacy systems.
- Working knowledge of relevant technologies and tools, such as AWS, Crown Hosting and containerisation.
- A member of a relevant professional body.
For more information please apply now
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£400 - £460 per day
Lead Solutions Architect
Up to £550 per day
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - 6 Months - Glasgow
£450 - £550 per day
SQL Rapid Application Development Lead
Up to £0.00 per annum
Integration Lead - CMIS Project - 18 Months - Edinburgh
£400 - £445 per day