Infrastructure PM - Supply Chain
|Job Title:||Infrastructure PM - Supply Chain|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Salary:||€500 - €550 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte O'loughlin|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2017 15:09|
Infrastructure Project Manager - Supply Chain
Contract. Dublin. 6 Months. €500-550 Per day. Gobal Retailer.
Infrastructure Project Manager required on a inital 6 month contract to join a Global Retailer. The role holder will act as a key part in allowing the business to exert greater control and visibility of the whole Supply Chain warehouse operation. The client is currently
standardising it's architecture/functionality utilising one Warehouse Management System (WMS) platform including voice solution, manual, semi-automated, and automated for GOH products, and other miscellaneous supporting systems (TOPS LoadStak etc)
Infrastructure Works Required
- Provision of infrastructure to support the WMS solution along with the HEAVEY voice module and other miscellaneous supporting systems.
- Support integration of existing inbound and outbound interfaces.
- Ensure relevant infrastructure and middleware is in place to support the WMS, HEAVEY and miscellaneous supporting systems.
- Ensure the entire infrastructure for required environments for testing and automated testing are in place.
- Implement service structures and supporting systems with the Service Architect and Operations manager.
Required Knowledge and Skills.
- Strong Project management skills in areas of Planning, Budget management, RAID management and communications.
- Solid understanding of all server and networking technologies involved in the implementation of Retail SCM store/distribution networks.
- Strong Vendor Management.
- Strong project governance and processes application.
- Must have a strong technical background and hands-on experience managing and implementing IT Infrastructure technologies, including server, storage, network, database, backup & recovery, telephony, and collaboration tools.
- Experienced in the planning and implementation of the following technologies to realise SCM solution needs:
- Wifi, Security Systems, CCTV, Telephony/Dect , Geographic Resilient MPLS solutions, Comms Rooms, File servers, Printers, VPNs/Remote Access, VMware/Wintel/Linux servers, Desktop estate and devices, Monitoring and Alerting solutions.
- Experienced in the deployment, hyper care and service transition of SCM infrastructure into live production environments, inclusive of:
- Large deployment planning and execution.
- Provision of Infrastructure Hypercare.
- Definition and application of support models and associated processes/SOPs.
- Support/Service transition to Operations.
- Must have good people skills and the ability to interact and communicate effectively, orally and in writing, across all levels.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and managing internal and 3rd party teams.
- Experienced in operating in Retail Supply Chain management in a global environment.
- Self-motivated and fast learning.
- Accurate and logical problem solving and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, passion for technology and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Overall ownership, planning and management of the SCM infrastructure work streams with responsibility for on time and to quality delivery of all items in scope.
- Overall budget management responsibility for the the SCM infrastructure work streams.
- Definition and ownership of all infrastructure work stream objectives, scope and deliverables, agreed with Programme Manager.
- Definition and ownership of Project Initiation Document agreed with Programme Manager.
- Definition of project WBS RACI matrix with defined and detailed task ownership and responsibilities.
- Identify and own all inter- and intra-project dependencies.
- Ensure vendor and internal IT personnel are engaged and managed throughout the procurement, implementation and transition phases of the project.
- Define and apply quality standards to all vendor and internal team work.
- Proactively identify and establish critical relationships with all touch points across end-to-end delivery process to address and resolve competing priorities, and cultural and technical challenges.
- Track questions, frame decisions, anticipate risks, and escalate critical challenges / issues to program leadership team.
Overall Responsibility for:
- Project Life Cycle Management
- Project Scope Design & Management
- Risk, Issue & Change Management
- Budget & Resource Management
- Project Dashboards & Reporting
- Schedule & Integration Management
- Quality Management
- Communications / Stakeholder Management
For more information please apply now.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's