|Job Title:||Infrastructure Specialist|
|Location:||Walsall, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£300 - £350 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte O'loughlin|
|Job Published:||November 19, 2018 10:16|
Contract. 6 Months. £300-350 Per day through umbrella company. Walsall.
Infrastructure Specialist required in Walsall. You will work with the Data Centre lead to design and develop all IT data centre and workstation systems to meet the needs of the business.
- Maintain and monitor the data centre infrastructure and workstation systems proactively ensuring this meets agreed service levels.
- Carry out service capacity planning and proactively identify changes required to data centre infrastructure and workstation systems and ensure that the activity is carried out.
- Design, plan, manage and facilitate the installation, integration, testing and maintenance of data centre infrastructure and workstation systems ensuring all quality, asset management and configuration management processes are followed. Liaise with line management, Service Delivery teams and Service Desk to ensure all changes are communicated and understood by colleagues and staff.
- Create, configure and update data centre infrastructure and workstation systems in line with notified changes in accordance the change control procedures.
- Ensure that systems are implemented in a way that allows for financial recharging. Provide information and reports for recharging as and when required.
- Identify needs, specify work packages and oversee the work of third party support, technicians and other officers assigned to the data centre infrastructure and workstation systems team.
- Assist in the development of data centre infrastructure and workstation systems security policy, ensuring this is consistently applied. Recommend and implement security measures as appropriate to ensure the security and availability of systems. Monitor data centre infrastructure and workstation systems for security incidents, identifying breaches and recommending appropriate action.
- Support and provide input to audit reviews and data centre infrastructure and workstation systems standards compliance regimes e.g. Government Connect Code of Connection.
- Document all production, support and development activity and handover new support processes / documentation to the supporting teams.
- Provide support to users, Service Desk and other IT officers to resolve routine and complex and data centre infrastructure and workstation systems service calls (i.e. incidents, problems and service requests).
Skills and experience required
- Microsoft Windows Server from 2008 to 2016
- Microsoft Active Directory 2008 R2 - 2016
- Mcafee EPO 5.3 & ENS 10.5
- VMWare ESXi & vCenter Server 5.1 onwards
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 - 2013
- NetApp Systems management & configuration
- McAfee ePo 5.3.x and ENS 10.x and VSE 8.8.x
- ITIL certification
Please apply now to be considered.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's