Interim Head of PR
|Job Title:||Interim Head of PR|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Alex Fitzpatrick|
|Job Published:||November 08, 2018 09:48|
Interim Head of Public Relations:
Are you a senior PR professional looking for a step into a role which will allow you to build a maintain an international institutions brand?
The Head of Public Relations is a vital role, ensuring that we rapidly build the awareness and reputation of the institution as a leading research-intensive university through creative and compelling PR activities.
You will be responsible for proactive and reactive media relations, crisis communications & strategic development - as well as oversight of social and digital media & form a core part of the senior communications team.
Knowledge skills & experience:
- Educated to degree level
- Professional or postgraduate qualification in PR or equivalent
- Professional understanding of the higher education sector, both nationally and globally
- Substantial experience in media and public relations, including delivering successful high-profile coverage at regional, national and international levels
- experience of successfully managing a team of staff
- Financial and strategic planning
- Ability to provide leadership and exercise authority, managing expectations of both internal and external stakeholders
- IT literate, including managing external contact databases, and an understanding of web design and writing, including HTML and content management systems
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a strong and positive media profile for our corporate stories and messages, including research, teaching, learning, students and facilities.
- Represent and promote a positive, consistent and professional image to multiple stakeholders and clients
- Line manage the PR team
- The post requires extensive liaison with staff across the institution at all levels, with other higher education organisations external to The institution, the media, industry, the NHS and commerce. The postholder is required to deliver advice to senior executives and make recommendations on best practice in all areas of PR.
If this sounds like you we'd love to hear from you!
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's