|Salary:||£24 - £29 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ciara Murphy|
|Job Published:||May 30, 2018 17:19|
Investigator - Safeguarding and Investigation
Looking for an investigator to prevent and detect crime. To investigate criminal activity.
To actively participate in a wide range of evidence gathering and criminal investigation tasks involving victims, witnesses, technical sources and suspects.
1. Investigate offences of crime, and to actively participate in a wide range of evidence
gathering and crime investigation tasks. Exercising designated Investigating Officer
2. To interview and record the evidence of victims of crime and witnesses to crime, in
statement form or by an ABE interview as appropriate. In some cases this will need
to be supported by the gathering of appropriate medical and forensic evidence.
3. To act as liaison officer for victims and witness of crime, and where appropriate
support them through the criminal justice process. This will include providing regular
and ad hoc updates on investigations to victims of crime as appropriate.
4. To formally interview suspects in a manner that is compliant with PACE and other
5. To secure and preserve evidence through the proficient use of certain technical equipment. Examples of such technical equipment and IT systems include digital cameras, audio-video recording equipment, CCTV download systems, police intelligence systems, property management systems and file preparation systems.
6. To attend scenes of crime and ensure that all available evidence is protected and
secured in order to maximise forensic opportunities (i.e. manage the so-called
7. To prepare and submit complete evidential files to the Crown Prosecution Service
observing the highest professional standards, and meeting the required Manual of
Guidance standards in relation to quality, timeliness, disclosure and evidential
integrity. Then to attend court hearings, where necessary, to present the evidence
8. To provide professional specialist advice and knowledge to all colleagues within the
organisation in relation to all aspects of crime investigation and case file
9. To seek and exploit criminal intelligence opportunities in order to prevent and detect
crime, and to submit intelligence reports on suspected criminal activity as and when
that intelligence becomes available.
Must be Security checked and Management Vetted
Please send your CV through now for more details
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's