IT Supplier/Vendor Lead
|Job Title:||IT Supplier/Vendor Lead|
|Salary:||£33000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Michael Hartley|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2018 17:10|
IT Supplier/Vendor Lead
IT Supplier/Vendor Lead - Fixed Term (12 Months) - Public Sector
Our public sector client is looking for an IT Supplier/Vendor Lead to come on board for a 12 month Fixed Term contract.
You will be an ICT practitioner responsible for delivering supplier relationship management and designated contract performance and supporting the Supplier Relationship Manager in delivering supplier strategy.
Ensure effective supplier management and internal governance is embedded within the ICT teams responsible for day-to-day operational contract and supplier management, and be the point of escalation for designated contracted supplier performance/delivery issues where necessary.
- To assist with the ICT supplier strategy, and deliver relationship and contract management, driving maximum value from complex supplier relationships and commercial arrangements, and leading resolution activity in situations where service improvement is required and/or conflict occurs.
- To propose, negotiate and deliver improvements to contracts via contract changes for designated suppliers, under the guidance of the ICT Supplier Relationship Manager
- To seek out opportunities for leveraging greater value from designated ICT commercial relationships in terms of service outcomes and/or cost
- To create an environment of perpetual challenge, continuous improvement and innovation in respect of the ICT supplier relationships, and ensure relevant proposals are proactively driven through the ICT Management Team and the enterprise design practice.
- To take individual responsibility for developments in own area of specialisation, building relationships with key internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- To provide an internal commercial assurance function to ensure that the behaviours and practices of the designated suppliers, do not conflict with the aspiration to be an Intelligent Customer, undermine contractual protections or compromise supplier delivery.
- To aid delivery of strategic business requirements and objectives, recommending appropriate commercial options. Collaborate with stakeholder groups to ensure the contribution of all relevant stakeholders is maximised.
- To represent effectively and promote the reputation and values of the organisation and the Enabling Services Directorate at various meetings and groups both internally and externally, including the development of appropriate and constructive partnerships with relevant organisations and areas of both forces.
- To be educated to (Level 5), or equivalent, in a related ICT discipline.
- Knowledge of ICT supplier relationship management and a comprehensive understanding of contract lifecycle management.
- Good understanding and demonstrable experience of delivering industry standard ICT best practices such as ITIL services.
- Significant knowledge and significant experience of ICT project management and delivery methodologies
- Working knowledge of procurement regulations
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Resources Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Service Desk Analyst / IT Support - Edinburgh, 3 mths, £110-120
£110 - £120 per day
Business Analyst - 6 months fixed term
Up to £49000 per annum
Up to £0.00 per annum
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - 6 Months - Glasgow
£450 - £550 per day
Infrastructure Analyst / 4th Line / Bolton / £390p/d
Bolton, Greater Manchester
£350 - £390 per day