IT Support Technician/2nd line support
|Job Title:||IT Support Technician/2nd line support|
|Salary:||£150 - £170 per day|
|Contact Name:||Cameron De Souza|
|Job Published:||December 04, 2017 14:58|
IT Support Technician
3 month contact
£150-170 per day
The IT Support Technicians will be required to assist in the development, maintenance and support the systems for which the Cardiff Office Team is responsible in accordance with specifications / operational requirements of our client
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communication and Relationship Skills
The IT Support Technicians must be able to:
- Establish and maintain effective written and verbal communication with individuals and groups of customers and stakeholders as directed by line manager.
- Assist team members to devise solutions for complex issues.
- Provide analysis and advice on the interpretation of data produced by those systems and products.
2. Analytical and Judgemental Skills
Assisting in the identification and interpretation of customer requirements, risks, and issues, giving a range of evaluated options and solutions.
Investigate, diagnose and resolve faults/problems from internal/external stakeholders to a satisfactory conclusion.
3. Planning and Organisational Skills
- Respond to work requests guided by key performance indicators.
- Support the planning and prioritisation on a range of IM&T activities.
- Support fault investigation tasks.
4. Responsibility for Policy / Service Development Implementation
- Implement the successful roll-out of new or changed software, hardware and produce/amend documentation to reflect the service.
- Assist in the development of services.
5. Responsibility for Financial and Physical Resources
The IT Support Technicians will be responsible for carrying out the configuration, installation and safe use of computer hardware.
6. Responsibility for Human Resources
Provide training as required for staff from own and other disciplines on own subject area.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The skillset required include:
- practical experience
- knowledge and understanding of Windows desktop operating systems
- Microsoft office
- Server 2008/2012
- Exchange mailbox management
- Printer support
- IPv4 LAN infrastructure
- ITIL experience
Please only apply if you have the skills and experience needed
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of IT Delivery - Edinburgh - 4 months
Up to £0.00 per annum
Service Desk Analyst - Edinburgh - Permanent
£0.00 - £29000 per annum + Excellent benefits
SAP Payroll Functional Consultant
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£33000 - £39000 per annum + Additional Benefits
£35 - £36 per hour
Oracle Finance Business Analyst
Up to £600 per day