IT Transition Support Officer
|Job Title:||IT Transition Support Officer|
|Salary:||£150 - £180 per day|
|Contact Name:||Jessica Roberts|
|Job Published:||April 16, 2019 11:08|
IT Transition Support Officer - 4 week contract - Edinburgh
Our public sector client based in Edinburgh has an exciting opportunity for a skilled IT Transition Support Officer to support a desktop and user transition project, which will end in summer 2019. This involves working closely with the existing IT team and FR's end-users, the preparation and distribution of desktop, laptops and phones and providing ad-hoc guidance and support to users as required in support of their transition.
Please note this role may involve travel.
- Experience in a first and / or second line technical support position. Familiarity with desktop and application support principles and techniques. Demonstrable understanding of underlying infrastructure (such as LAN / WAN / WLAN, servers and storage).
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows (XP, 7 and 10), Microsoft Office and Microsoft Active Directory (Azure).
- Understanding of the typical client / service application stack and associated troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience of communicating with a range of stakeholders with varying levels of IT knowledge and technical ability.
- Experience supporting audio / visual, video conferencing and telephony.
- An understanding of Cloud and Hybrid-Cloud solutions.
- An understanding of the importance of InfoSec principles, particularly in relation to Government.
- Experience working in a customer service environment.
- A qualification in and a practical understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (minimum Foundation level).
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
IT Service Desk Manager
£30000 - £45000 per annum
£20 - £22 per hour + Inside IR35
Senior DevOps / SRE / Agile Consultant - Glasgow / Edinburgh
£60000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits
Software Engineer - Permanent - Stoke-on-Trent
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
City of London, London
£60000.00 - £110000 per annum