Linux Systems Administrator
|Job Title:||Linux Systems Administrator|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cameron De Souza|
|Job Published:||August 14, 2017 15:00|
Linux Systems Administrator -
Sheffield - £30,000-£35,000 ( Permanent )
Our Client is looking for a Linux administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure; also, to collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes. You will become an integral part of the team, making every problem of the platform a problem of your own, and solving them accordingly.
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
- Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team
- Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure
- Maintaining platform security and updates
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc.
- Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Puppet, Ansible or Chef
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Proficient with network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy, Varnish, etc.
- Experience with cloud platforms, such as AWS and Rackspace
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
- Knowledge of servers, VPN's and switches
- Experience with network filesystems, such as GlusterFS
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes would be a bonus
If this role is something of interest please apply!!
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's