Linux Technical Specialist
|Job Title:||Linux Technical Specialist|
|Location:||Bolton, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£350 - £400 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte O'loughlin|
|Job Published:||November 27, 2017 17:29|
Linux Technical Specialist
Bristol OR Bolton. Contract. 6 months + £350-£400 P/d. Global Financial Services
Linux Technical specialist required in Bristol. You will act as the technical expert for the Linux technology domain. Support design, development and strategy for the platform. You will provide technical leadership including analysis and solution design, to meet the requirements of (UK, Switzerland, CEE) customers. You will be part of the agile, self-organised Compute Products Team using Kanban working from one consolidated backlog
- Responsibility for regional technology lifecycle and ongoing maintenance and evolution of the respective technology platform.
- Responsibility for regional design of infrastructure and server-based solutions according to Global standards.
- Engineer (Build) and test solutions, document accordingly and handover to operation team.
- Undertake project activities, including Tech Lead function, as required.
- Provide consultancy services to other domains, project managers, account managers and clients.
- Drive process improvement initiatives (e.g. Automation, documentation & transition to offshore team)
- Support the creation of business cases and service cost calculations
- Perform pro-active maintenance, including firmware, software upgrades, license keys, patching, hardening, vulnerability management, capacity management, inventory management, etc.
- Proactively determine Systems Health based on monitoring solutions and reports from tools as additional source of information to identify existing and upcoming drops in system Health and initiate/take counter measurements to return to a sustainable Health state (Health Analyst Function)
- Provide Infrastructure services, and 3rd level support to the Provisioning and Operations function (on- & offshore). Ensure adequate monitoring / alerting is in place to identify system issues and monitor utilisation of the infrastructure, to ensure that capacity is available to meet planned requirements.
- Responsibility for maintaining Disaster Recovery and resilience capability
Skills and Experience required
- Expertise in one or more of the assigned technologies, respective multi-year hands on and vendor-approved accreditation's is a prerequisite. VMware, Microsoft, IBM / Lenovo, Red Hat. Linux technical expert
- Very good conceptual thinking and understanding of the core processes to manage IT infrastructure (build & run)
- Experience in technically leading large infrastructure projects including refreshes
- Experience of working in a ITIL environment
- Agile Methodology
For more information please apply now.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Customer Journey Manager / Business Transformation £350+
£350 - £450 per day
Coventry, West Midlands
£275 - £300 per day
Director of DevOps Transformation - Permanent - Edinburgh
Up to £120000 per annum + negotiable plus benefits
Test Engineer - Southampton - 6 months - Inside IR35
Up to £595 per day
Lead Java / Spring Developer / AWS / TDD - Glasgow - 12 months
Up to £0.00 per annum