|Job Title:||Media Manager|
|Salary:||£28 - £30 per hour + Inside IR35|
|Contact Name:||Michael Hartley|
|Job Published:||December 11, 2018 09:39|
Media Manager - Initial 2 Month Contract - £28-30ph via Umbrella - Public Sector - London
Our Public Sector client is looking for an experienced Media Manager to work on media relations, proactive and reactive.
- They will have a thorough understanding of the organisation's business and services and use this knowledge to promote them and effectively respond about them to the media.
- They will manage media contacts with the organisation and any media presence at the business, as a key member of the press office team.
- The Media Manager will have good contacts with national, local and health journalists and ensure the organisation communications department maintains its excellent reputation internally and externally for the quality and reliability of its media relations.
- The Media Manager will maintain a good understanding of the national news agenda and use this to identify opportunities to promote and enhance the organisation's reputation.
- They will support the implementation of media campaigns, as directed by the Senior Media Manager, and will work with directorates to plan and implement local media strategies in support of service developments and organisation priorities.
- Their knowledge and expertise will ensure the organisation's media handling is fit for the digital age and reflects the speed at which news stories may develop.
- They will also play a key role in managing the organisation's Twitter feed and forward plan social content and activity in line with corporate objectives and priority areas.
- The post holder will promote and protect the organisation's reputation and collaborate with partner organisations.
- They will maintain client confidentiality at all times and provide expert media relations advice to staff, and clients as required.
- They will be prepared to handle issues and major incidents at very short notice with expertise and professionalism and participate in media out-of-hours on-call rota.
- The post holder will also manage the Senior Media Officer.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's