Network Operations Engineer
|Job Title:||Network Operations Engineer|
|Location:||Tunbridge Wells, Kent|
|Salary:||£350 - £390 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte O'loughlin|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2017 09:41|
Network Operations Analyst
Contract. 3 Months. Tunbridge Wells. Global Financial Services. £350-£390
Network Operations Analyst/Engineer required in Tunbridge Wells to be the first point of contact for an external client. The ideal candidate will have broad experience in the Network domain, you will be highly committed on delivering Network infrastructure services requested by internal and external customers in an end to end responsibility. You will be confident in a client facing role and be happy to take full control of projects, managing from end to end.
- Infrastructure order delivery with a focus on DC Network components (Switching/Routing, Firewall, Loadbalancer, VPN, Web-Proxy, Wifi and related requests, etc.) OnTime, OnBudget and OnSpecification in an end to end responsibility. Interface between the customers, the 3rd Party delivery - and Engineering team. Facilitate implementation and prioritise if needed. Enforce and improve the standard, tool based order process. Take seat in change boards, check implementation afterwards and get customer sign off for the implemented change.
- Customer consultancy: Capacity assessment and gatekeeper functionality in terms of to assisting the customer to find the right product/service/dimension to cater for her needs. Deliver technical information and consultancy to the customer in their (non-technical) language. Support the scoping process of demand - and project managers as well as structuring and orchestration of large scale (project) requests.
- Engineering and 3rd Level support for related topics and facilitation of offshoring.
- Incident & Problem management in terms of ensuring the incident resolution is efficient. Address incidents to the person that can address the root cause directly or initiate the ITIL framework to find sustainable solutions.
- Health Analyst: Proactively analyse the Network estate and operations procedures to drive continuous improvement and coordinate the remediation of deviations. Orchestrate housekeeping/clean-up activities and manage operational capacity management of Network platforms.
Skills and experience
- Service orientation ( the pleasure to deliver OTOBOS)
- Communication skills: Translate technical terms into customer language
- Comprehensive understanding of a broad range of Network and Network Security technologies
- Good level of knowledge about all technologies deployed in an enterprise grade datacentre.
- The will to refrain from on hand-technical focus into a service orientation regardless of techniques deployed (no technical preferences)
- Experienced technical and/or operational analyst with an excellent track record in Network and Network Security.
- Proven experience in understanding and utilising new technology in this environment and in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to pass on relevant knowledge to others.
- Proven experience in implementing Network project requirements, ensuring business readiness and providing business as usual support in a complex multi-tenanted Data Centre environment
- Must have a proven, strong experience & understanding of the following areas or technologies: Configuration, implementation and management of Cisco LAN and WAN technologies, datacenter technologies are a plus (Checkpoint NGFW, F5 BigIP, Cisco Nexus, Cisco ASA) Design, configuration, implementation and management of BlueCoat Proxies and or Cisco Ironport. Configuration and implementation of Wireless networks using Cisco UWN
- Recent experience or working knowledge of:Global Wide Area Networks including MPLS, VRFs, Quality of Service etc Cisco IP Telephony and Unified Communications including Call Managers Unified computing platforms including Nexus, IBM, HP Implementation and management of Network Management suites (CA, Solarwinds, Cisco Prime, etc)
For more information please apply now.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Network Engineer - Edinburgh - 12 months
£130 - £165 per day
Assistant Network Engineer - Edinburgh - 6 months
£135 - £150 per day
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + BONUS
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
Big Data Engineer
£38000 - £47000 per annum