NLP Applied Research Scientist
|Job Title:||NLP Applied Research Scientist|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + 1.0 - 3.0% Equity|
|Contact Name:||Adam Johnson|
|Job Published:||June 18, 2018 10:03|
£55K - £70K
1.0% - 3.0%
Join a vibrant and diverse second seed startup, with the aim of solving misinformation through journalism, media, and machine learning. With a patent-pending news aggregator, this startup is at the forefront of countering fake news through automated misinformation detection.
Looking for a research scientist to join the team, grow an R&D function, and build and architect novel algorithms for automated disinformation detection, quality and credibility scoring and toxic content detection on text and videos.
Python, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Information Extraction, Information Retrieval, Computational Linguistics, Deep Learning, Semantic Parsing, Active Learning, Online Learning, Question-Answering
What you'll be doing
- This role is hands-on, and involves implementing and further developing the algorithms envisioned by the startups platform
- You will be thinking about how to combine both human and AI approaches and make the algorithms explainable and interpretable
- You will be supported by a Head of Research and work with multiple researchers in the space in joint projects and experiments
- You will be consulted remotely on R&D and technical approach by the companies leading scientific advisors
- You'll build new ways of classifying and detecting toxic content on the web e.g. terrorist content, hate-inciting extremist content, and more subjective categorisations such as news bias, including potentially on video
- This may include building NLP systems to extract and model relations, entities and topics in news data, and developing algorithms to score and provide contextual facts on this data.
- You will be free to run experiments and build prototypes with unique approaches for problems
Who we're looking for
- You have an NLP or computational linguistics research background in a PhD/masters/industrial research lab [required]
- You are an innovator, who can come up with new research ideas and implement them quickly [required]
- You know how to architect human and ML systems using active or online learning or annotation pipelines [required]
- An intermediate experience with Python and major NLP/Machine Learning Libraries like Spacy, CoreNLP, Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc [required]
- You have published papers in recognised journals and conferences like ACL/NIPS/EMNLP/NACL [desired]
- Research in fields such as annotation pipelines, online learning, active learning, controversy detection, syntactic/semantic parsing, information extraction, textual entailment, question answering, argument mining, discourse parsing, polarity mining, knowledge base completion, ontology extraction [desired]
- Previous work related to fake news/news bias/automated fact checking/misinformation [optional]
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's