Oracle Database Specialist
|Job Title:||Oracle Database Specialist|
|Location:||Bolton, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£42000 - £52000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, Medical, Dental|
|Contact Name:||Henry Lello|
|Job Published:||November 22, 2017 16:47|
Our client, a large multi-national, is recruiting for an Oracle Database specialist to cover the engineering, delivery, operations and support of c400 Oracle databases (12c & 11g) on a Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) platform. The databases run in a highly standardised and industrialised environment and are optimised for cost efficiency.
Key accountabilities include:
- Provide, and approve, detail to Solution Design Authority for the production and maintenance of Infrastructure Roadmap, Standards and Policies
- Approval for all BAU and project proposals
- Communicate and educate Infrastructure Roadmap, Standards and Policies to all relevant technical resources
- Provide, and maintain, standard tasks and metrics to create a standard estimating model
- Recognised, and used, as technical expert by technical resources for both BAU and Project needs
- Work with Technical Architects (Strategy) and Solution Design Authority to advise and recommend on future technologies, services and current infrastructure improvements e.g. new business
- Work with vendors and partners to keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
- Coordinate with the other Tech Specialists (SQL Server & DB2 LUW) to ensure cross-platform consistency
- Support team members to develop their technical skills
Skills & experience required:
- 5+ years of professional experience with Oracle in large & complex enterprise environments is essential.
- Recent experience of RHEL environments is essential.
- Experience or exposure to Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) is preferred.
- Experience or exposure to Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) is preferred.
The role can be based in either Bristol (SW) or Bolton (NW).
Benefits include Bonus (7.5%), Pension, Medical, Dental, Life Cover & 25 days holiday.
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Oracle ReSA Business Analyst
£500 - £600 per day
Oracle Application DBA - E-Business Application - Solaris 11
Up to £0.00 per annum
Azure Cloud Engineer (SC Cleared)
Up to £0.00 per annum
SQL Server Project DBA
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£350 - £400 per day
Front End Developer
City of London, London