|Job Title:||Personal Assistant|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£0.00 - £115 per day|
|Contact Name:||Henry Lello|
|Job Published:||January 31, 2019 16:34|
Our client, a large government department require a PA to provide an efficient and effective administrative support service, ensuring the smooth running of the office and enabling the Director and Senior Management Teams to prioritise and meet their objectives. In addition, the PA will undertake ad-hoc projects assigned by the Director to support the delivery of key objectives which are commensurate with the overall scope and purpose of the role.
Due to the nature of this work Government security clearance if not already held will need to be obtained. The minimum clearance required for this role is SC.
Scope & Objectives
- Monitor and control stocks of office consumables
- Arrange the purchase of stationery, refreshment supplies and ad hoc items
- Raise purchase requisitions and ensure these are approved/signed for at the appropriate managerial level
- Answer and where necessary respond to all communications within limits of authority.
- Organize programmes and events, arranging provision of accommodation, refreshments
- Manage and control the Director's diary, including arranging meetings, prioritising and delegating appointments
- Co-ordinate all administrative arrangements for meetings: room bookings, preparation of agenda, travel & catering arrangements and minute taking when required
- Research and gather information for briefing purposes and undertake ad-hoc research using internal and external information sources including the internet, reformatting of documents that contain a shared contribution from staff to show consistent presentation and format
- Draft routine correspondence on Director's behalf and preparation of other letters / documents from dictation or handwritten notes. Respond to correspondence without Directors input where appropriate
- Compile workforce planning and financial data in report format using Excel and/or PowerPoint
- Provide administrative support to other members of the Senior Management Teams as required
- Act as liaison officer for the Director and senior managers; collecting and disseminating information; collating reports; assigning tasks and organising staff cover arrangements when necessary
- Produce, write and edit Finance Department Newsletter
- Member of the Corporates Health & Safety Team, organizing and attending meetings of the Team and providing administrative support as required
- Positivity with the capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to deliver results and respond proactively to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills including influencing skills to ensure direct reports and wider groups of stakeholders submit reports, briefings and relevant information on time
- Tact, confidentiality and discretion
- A keen eye for detail including the ability to manipulate financial data
- IT literate. High level of word-processing skill for generating routine correspondence and formatting reports, Excel skills for presentation of financial and workforce planning data and PowerPoint for preparing presentations
- Effective planning skills to manage conflicting priorities and simultaneous demands
- Experience as a PA with responsibility for running the office of a Director or Senior Executive
- A basic understanding of project management tools and techniques
Preference will be given to applicants who hold current SC or DV level security clearance.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's