Procurement policy & planning Team leader
|Job Title:||Procurement policy & planning Team leader|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£41000 - £53500 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cameron De Souza|
|Job Published:||August 18, 2017 11:00|
Procurement Policy & Planning Team Leader
As Procurement Policy and Planning Team Leader you will contribute to developing, disseminating and advising on procurement policy, processes and standards, as well as leading on programme planning for the Procurement division and being a focal point for wider collaborative initiatives such as the DfT Group Operating Model.
Day to day
As the source of procurement expertise and advice, yours will be a varied and interesting role that will see you draw upon your wealth of relevant knowledge and use your exceptional interpersonal skills to engender confidence and communicate clearly with the wide range of stakeholders that you will be working with.
Our Procurement Division is expanding rapidly to meet the growing demands of sourcing over £11BN worth of contracts. You will responsible for providing advice and guidance throughout the procurement cycle. You will also contribute to programme planning to ensure appropriate resources are available to meet challenging sourcing requirements.
The role is based in Birmingham, with flexible working, training and a wide range of benefits available for the right candidate.
- Proven track record of successfully managing a high performing commercial team in a varied stakeholder environment, developing partnership working and driving continuous improvement
- Strong background in procurement including experience in planning and delivering through the procurement cycle.
- Experience of the public sector procurement process and legislation.
- Ability to take a strategic viewpoint, be detail orientated, have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound understanding of governance processes and the ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- CIPS REQUIRED
Please only apply if you have the essential experience required
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's