|Job Title:||Programme Manager|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Salary:||€500 - €560 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte O'loughlin|
|Job Published:||August 03, 2018 15:35|
Contract. Dublin - Full time. 9 Months. Global Retailer. 500-560 euros per day
The Programme Manager is responsible for leading multiple related project engagements and delivering complex technology change programmes to schedule, cost and quality across a functional area, working to the oversight and direction of senior management. Programmes are typically large and / or complex cross functional change initiatives, involving a number of different organisations and team members.
- Defines programme scope, deliverables, schedules, budgets and approach with sponsors, business and delivery partners.
- Manages programme delivery scope and budget, works with programme sponsors and partners to prepare delivery plans, tracks and reports progress against plan including change management
- Builds, leads and motivates multi-disciplinary teams and mentors one or more junior project managers to achieve the core programme business objectives
- Effective management of, and communication to stakeholders, often at senior executive level, is key to enable and facilitate programme planning and execution
- Ensure each portfolio project lifecycle, execution and reporting is in compliance with PMO standards.
- Ensure an appropriate quality plan is in place for programme delivery and all stakeholders and delivery partners understand their part in execution.
- Manage resource assignment to the programme to ensure the necessary resources are made available at the right time to support programme execution.
- Communicate and schedule any reliance on third party resources within project plans, and provide forum for regular leadership reviews.
- Put communication structure in place to facilitate communication between delivery teams and stakeholders, and to ensure that problems are identified and raised to the appropriate levels for resolution.
- Minimum of 8 years senior project management experience of large and enterprise scale complex IT projects, in cross functional environments
- Experience of managing multiple ICT disciplines i.e. design, requirements definition, software development, technical support, systems architecture, project delivery etc. whether via internal groups or external delivery partners.
- Change management experience and experience leading and delivering projects working at programme manager level in an international environment
- Accreditation in recognised project management methods preferable
- Primary or secondary degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering preferable with experience working with the business at steering group level
Skills / Competencies Required:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to communicate, influence and engage with senior executives from across business units
- Excellent change project management skills with a well-developed understanding of their application from a business context
- Excellent working knowledge of a range of technology project development lifecycle(s)
- Extensive understanding of the cost benefit analysis and project accounting methods, and their application in large scale cross functional projects
- Excellent people management and team building skills combined with strong influencing and critical reasoning skills and sound judgement
- Strong operational, business and IT management skills and the knowledge to know when and how to apply within the management framework for a programme
- Must be able to establish and lead cross functional teams across multiple locations to deliver solutions that meet business needs and objectives
- Ability to define project management processes, tools and templates as required for the programme
For more information please apply now.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £55000 per annum
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€550 - €600 per day
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£300 - £325 per day
Technical Product Manager
£400 - £450 per day
Product Manager (data)
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £60000 per annum