Programme Test Manager
|Job Title:||Programme Test Manager|
|Salary:||Up to £0.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cameron De Souza|
|Job Published:||December 11, 2017 14:38|
Programme Test Manager
5 month contract
Primary Purpose and Scope of the Job:
The post holder will be responsible for building and maintaining an effective Quality Assurance function for IT systems and services for the programme. They will work on to create the testing capability and team within the WBC transformation programme and also take accountable for the execution of the testing service within the programme across all workstreams.
The work will involve building the right policies, strategy, processes, tools and skills to provide a high-quality and cost-effective quality assurance service for technology.
The outcome must be delivery of robust, stable and secure technology systems.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop and own the overall strategy for how system testing will be performed within the programme.
- Support this with the creation of appropriate tools, processes and skills.
- Work with service managers and programme teams right across the delivery lifecycle to ensure testing requirements are understood and planned properly into the required work.
- Acquire and retain a team equipped with the right skills, capabilities and tools.
- Be the champion for the testing practice within WBC, educating the wider programme community about the requirements for testing and ensuring collaboration with them.
- Evolve the testing service in line with changing best practices and emerging new technologies.
- Contribute to the on-going development of the Target Operating Model (TOM) for ICT, as part of the transformation objectives.
- Keep abreast of changes in the technology market to understand the opportunities with and risks from emerging tevchnology changes.
- Operate a governance and assurance model that ensures only adequately tested and approved changes are deployed into the live environment.
Essential Experience Needed.
Extensive experience of developing testing policies, frameworks and plans, along with operating and managing automated testing tools
Extensive experience of writing testing strategies, plans and reports.
Extensive experience of delivering technology solutions that meet business needs and requirements for functionality, value for money, security and performance.
Experience of leading a team of testers and developing the capability of the individuals and of the team as a whole.
The ability to demonstrate both a wide and deep technology knowledge via extensive experience of working as a technologist.
Any experience of delivering systems using traditional platforms such as client-server and mainframe would be considered as part of the applicant's wider skill set but it is essential they have experience of designing and delivering newer digital solutions that align to the requirements of the Government Digital Service.
Extensive experience of working within technically orientated transformational / digital change programmes within a complex, multi-disciplinary environment to deliver on time and within budget.
Experience of embedding customer and quality focus within technical and programme teams.
Experience of managing risks, issues and benefits with appropriate levels of stakeholder involvement.
skills and Abilities
Shows a passion for technology and specifically the exploitation of technology for business benefit.
A spirit of innovation that fosters an environment which embraces change and rewards creativity.
Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
Strong stakeholder management skills. Take personal accountability for delivering and managing stakeholder expectations
Demonstrate the use and adoption of industry best practices. Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools and methodologies for test management and execution.
Proven ability to drive system development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
Please only apply is you have the essential experience
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Test Lead - Workday
Up to £0.00 per annum
Test Analyst - Edinburgh - 6 months
£350 - £425 per day
Up to £0.00 per annum
Business Manager - Central Gov - 6 Months - £200 p/d
£47 - £250 per day
Solutions Delivery Managers - Edinburgh
£40000 - £45000 per annum