Project Coordinator- Estates
|Job Title:||Project Coordinator- Estates|
|Salary:||£22.00 - £24.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Cameron De Souza|
|Job Published:||September 18, 2017 16:52|
Project manager/Project Coordinator - Estates
£22 per hour
- Co-ordinate the development, planning and delivery of key projects identified in the Joint Strategy, to reduce the partnerships running costs; release surplus property/land and deliver integrated, customer-centric services.
- Through the delivery of key strategic projects identified in the Joint Strategy, the role will help drive the generation of capital receipts through disposal of surplus land and property and create jobs, housing and regeneration opportunities across the North Midlands.
- Lead on the development of a collaborative North Midlands OPE Strategy on behalf of all N2 programme partners, which sets out our shared objectives and the outcomes we are seeking to achieve. Managing all meetings and related communications in association with the Strategic Land and Assets Board and any appropriate steering groups.
- Identify and develop collaborative initiatives that maximise the efficiency of the partnerships public estate to lower operating costs, realise capital receipts and where possible, release land for housing or economic development.
- Maximise both private and public sector leverage through the One Public Estate Programme to increase the local economic benefit of the programme and to contribute to the development of local asset plans.
- Develop funding bids to internal and external organisations (including central Government) which will help unlock projects where limited or no resources have been a barrier to progress.
- Provide advice, expertise and develop recommendations and solutions to a wide range of complex land and property development issues.
- Identify opportunities and develop business cases with senior project leads across the 19 local authorities for major land and asset projects which will deliver agreed project outcomes (improved customer/community outcomes, housing, jobs and regeneration, savings and capital receipts).
- Establish effective project management arrangements to monitor projects, in terms of financial and quality control, compliance with key milestone and funding requirements. This will require close working with the Chair of the Strategic Land and Assets Board and the chairs and co-ordinators of the D2 and N2 Steering Groups to promote partnership working.
- To identify, commission, and manage specialist advice to meet Corporate objectives
- To develop, policies and strategies which will facilitate an integrated and joined-up approach to the delivery of services across the public sector through the partnership and with voluntary and private sector organisations
- To ensure that forthcoming changes in legislation, Central Government Policy, funding opportunities and local policy across all partner organisations property portfolios are proactively managed.
- Qualified chartered surveyor (a Member or Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) or similar property related qualification and associated chartered status of equal standing.
- Proven evidence of continuous professional and personal development.
- Ideally PRINCE2 or other equivalent project management qualification.
- Current, significant and sustained experience of public sector asset management, including the delivery of capital projects.
- Experience of managing a range of large, diverse and complex projects and activities to meet expected targets and outcomes.
- Experience of working across multiple public and private sector organisations.
- Experience of influencing and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders and organisations.
Experience of developing strategic plans and projects.
- Experience of a range of IT packages including property asset management software.
- Creative and consultative activities to prepare strategies, policies and projects and see them through to successful implementation.
- Experience of report writing and presentation to a strategic level audience.
Experience of financial and budget management
- Specified targets within agreed resources
- Development and delivery of relevant strategies, processes and policies that deliver value for money and operational efficiency
- Work positively with officers, Members and stakeholders from all partners and their representative bodies in order to jointly meet the challenges facing the North Midlands Partnership
- Alert the Team Manager of issues that could affect performance
To manage any delegated budget and or resources within identified parameters with regular reporting to Steering Group and Strategic Land, Assets Board and line management of progress and status
Please only apply if you have the essential experience needed
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's