|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£400 - £410 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte O'loughlin|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2017 13:09|
Contract. 6 months. Leeds. INSIDE IR35. £400-£411 Per day. Public Sector
Project Manager required to work within the Project Management Office (PMO)
You will be responsible for the overall coordination, implementation, execution, control and transition of a high profile project, ensuring consistency with the Service's strategy and change management approach.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To manage the project throughout the various stages of the lifecycle, including planning and control, management of resources, RAID, benefits, milestones, costs, scope and assuming overall responsibility for the delivery of successful benefits.
- To play a key role in the shaping of the initiative. This will include agreeing scope, oversight, ownership and roles; ensuring close strategic alignment and effectively consulting with key stakeholders to achieve this.
- To support and provide assurance to the Project Lead regarding the management of constraints, priorities and risks, to drive negotiations between parties to gain consensus where necessary and to deliver results accordingly.
- To plan for and manage the human aspects of project delivery ensuring clarity and engagement of roles with those engaged on the project, ensuring a smooth transition to business as usual and minimising disruption through effective and appropriate change readiness techniques.
- To work with the PMO to provide timely project reporting.
- To make recommendations based on lessons learnt for future developments, acting as an internal consultant to provide objective guidance and advice to senior management, in conjunction with the PMO.
- To contribute to the development of change management skills throughout the Service through sharing best practice; coaching and supporting other colleagues
Skills and experience
- Degree, professional qualification or significant professional experience in a relevant field.
- Confident in the tailored use of MS Project, Prince2, Managing Successful Programmes and APM Body of Knowledge
- Significant recent experience in applying best practice project and programme methodologies successfully in concurrent complex projects and programmes, throughout their respective life cycles.
- Significant recent experience in delivering high profile projects in a client facing role.
- Ability to work confidently and assertively with a range of senior stakeholders, using coaching, negotiating, communication and influencing skills to achieve successful outcomes and manage expectations.
- Experience of managing external parties including suppliers and other partners.
- Ability to be flexible, creative and self-motivated in approaching complex organisational issues, with an ability to ensure delivery of stated project outcomes through strong organisation and prioritisation skills.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
West London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
Up to £0.00 per annum
Coventry, West Midlands
£400 - £450 per day
Cloud Support Analyst - 8 months - Glasgow
£300 - £400 per day
3rd Line Support - Glasgow - 2 - 3 Months