Project Manager - Data Centre
|Job Title:||Project Manager - Data Centre|
|Location:||Wolverhampton, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£0.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte O'loughlin|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2017 12:10|
Senior Project Manager - Data Centre
Contract. 9 Months +. Wolverhampton. Public Sector
Senior Project Manager required to deliver a Data Centre Strategy and Technical Roadmap for Data Centre Service Delivery for the next 5 years, working with an ICT Data Centre Specialist Service Provider. The successful candidate will have experience of this type of work complemented by strong project management skills, Enterprise Architecture skills would be an advantage together with a sound Microsoft enterprise background.
- Planning of revised asset management strategy - future location may change and that may drive the need to use space currently occupied by the main data centre for a different purpose
- Review of disaster recovery capability and requirements for future business continuity requirements
- Plan for the future demands for ICT provision from the council wide Transformation Agenda, particularly around Insight and Information Reporting and Channel Shift
- Assessment of current infrastructure e.g. UPS and Air Conditioning and its future life span
- Identification of routine down time of IT services for essential maintenance conflicting with service need for 'always available' services.
- The end of maintenance and support for key components of the corporate storage and tape library backup system which will require replacement at significant cost
- The significant growth in storage and backup requirements
- The maturing solutions now available within the Microsoft cloud such as Azure for Infrastructure as a service and Azure site recovery for disaster recovery could deliver significant service availability and savings opportunities
- Recognising the increasing risk of cyber attack and need for improved resilience and business continuity.
For more information please apply now
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£300 - £320 per day
£10.00 - £10.90 per hour
£32000 - £33000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Project Support Officer
Coventry, West Midlands
£275 - £325 per day
Project Communications Lead - Internal
West Midlands, England
£300 - £350 per day